Find the Value of New Standard Encyclopedias

Category Books
Set of encyclopedias
Older encyclopedias are typically not worth much. On-line research for your specific set might help to determine value. This is a guide about finding the value of New Standard Encyclopedias.

I have the 1954 New Standard Encyclopedia by Standard Education Society. I have a 10 volume set plus the yearly updates from 1954 to 1962 which are pamphlets bound in a hard cover. Is there any market for these? They are very fancy and I would say in good shape.

By Craig L.

If you still have any of these, I would be interested. please contact me at franksoda AT outlook.com

Thanks

I am interested if you still have these.

Thanks

franksoda AT outlook.com

I have a full 14 volume set of New Standard Encyclopedias that are from 1972. We have decided to sell them to get some of the money we need to start a non profit foundation to promote S.I.D.S Awareness. The issue we have is that we don't know what the value of a set like this is or if there is any value at all. Anyone with any info about them please let us know. Thank you!

By Natasha S.

I doubt you could get much more than maybe ten dollars for these, unfortunately.

You might consider looking into a charitable license so you could sell fundraising raffle tickets with the set as the prize. Your local newspaper might give you a bit of ink in the community pages, and help you solicit a few more donations too, to 'sweeten the pot'.

Good luck to you in this. My older brother died due to SIDS in 1955 and I don't think my family ever really got over the grief.

I have a set of New Standard Encyclopedia, 1981, and The Science Library that is in mint condition. Can anyone tell me how to find out if they have any value?

By Claudia

I checked ebay and there is a set on there for $113.00 . That doesn't mean they will get it but it might give you some Idea. There isn't a real big call for these anymore since the internet made information so easy to get to.

Check www.abebooks.com. I did a search for "New Standard Encyclopedia" and the going rate from used booksellers for a set is $1.00. As a librarian, I'll tell you that encyclopedias are updated every year, so no one wants a set from 1981 for doing research. However, your encyclopedias could be re-purposed as stage props in a local theater production; used in an art project if there's artists in your town who work with old books or collage; used for door stops or to raise up computer terminals to eye level; or simply turned to pulp at your local recycling center. If you've got a freecycle group in your area (www.freecycle.org) offer them as a giveaway.

The pictures in them might be useful for kids school projects but I doubt anyone will pay anything for them.

I have a full set of the New Standard encyclopedia, copyright 1931. It consists of 25 books plus the study book and the 1933, 34, 35, 36, and 37 year books. I am just wondering how much this complete set with the upgraded extras that came with them would sell for. The books are in very good condition.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

I have a set of The Book of Popular Science, copyright by Grolier (1961) - 1 to 10 and 1 copy of New Standard Encyclopedia 1968. They are in good condition.

By Shane D from Richards Bay, SA

Most old books have little value now-a few dollars at best. The internet has vast banks of information both old and current, and constantly updated, so old books are essentially just dust catchers. You can try craigslist and other selling sites for possible old book collectors but they would primarily be interested in ancient books-centuries past.

I have several encyclopedias from this era. I was wondering if they have any value, and who could I sell them to.

By Cindy Mc

Likely nobody. No one wants old encyclopedia. You could check with a store that sells antique books, but I doubt that they would be interested. However, these are quite old, so there may be some interest. Perhaps a pioneer museum would like them for a school display.

I have an entire set of the 2004 New Standard Encyclopedia. Almost all of the books are still in the plastic "wrapper" they arrived in. All are in brand new condition. What can I possibly sell these for?

By Kelly V from F.F., CA

Hi - it is sad but it is very difficult to even "give" sets away. Many library book sales will not take them The Internet is so easy and always up to date.

Try checking your set out on eBay or Craigs list and you may be lucky

and have a set that will sell.

I have a full set of the New Standard Encyclopedia, 1958 edition, plus 2 volume dictionary. These books are in excellent condition. What would be a resell value?

By Kathy M.

I have a full set, leather bound, New Standard Encyclopedias from 2006. Sadly, it is still wrapped in plastic. I paid over $3k. What is value now and best way to sell?

By Malea

I have a full set of New Standard Encyclopedias from 1965. Are they worth anything?

By Pam S

What is value of a set of New Standard Encyclopedia copyright 1949, Chicago Standard Education Society? It is in good condition.

By Deena from west Monroe, LA

I have a complete set (10), of New Standard Encyclopedias, printed in 1933. The whole set is leather bound and is in excellent condition. What is the value?

By Nancy

What would be the value on a set of New Standard Encyclopedias 1030 to date, Aiton's Encyclopedia 1910, Standard reference work 1912 and later?