AdviceHealth & Beauty

Finding Dental Care With Bad Credit

I live in central Florida. I'm severely in need of dental care. I've filled out applications. I've talked to dental offices. And the answer is the same; no credit, no service. I earn too much to get "low cost" help. And being low income, I really can't afford to pay thousands of dollars. And the state of Florida will not offer any help. So, I guess I just let my teeth deteriorate.

Best Answer

Try to find schools of dentistry near you. Sometimes you have to wait in a LONG line to get the help, but you will get it.

Best Answer

You can apply at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida as this is where the University of Florida does their internship for student dentists. The work is not completely free but a lot less than a regular dentist.

Here is a link with information and a telephone number. You can explain your situation and they may be able to help you.

http://dental.u … estions-answers/

cybergrannie :

Thanks for your reply. But, Gainesville is quite a distance from me. I live in Vero Beach, Florida. But....I do appreciate your input.

Thanks

Gary Stanullwich

Best Answer

Go to a dental school. My brother-in-law is a dentist. They need people to practice on. They are supervised very closely, and the prices they charge are very low.

Mrs. Pariser :

That IS a good solution. But, where I live........in Vero Beach, Florida.........there aren't too many.....if any.......Dental School around. From another responder, I was informed there's a Dental School in Gainesville, Florida. But, that IS a distance away from me. About a 4 hour ride.

Thanks,

Gary Stanullwich

Best Answer

You can get help through a dental school/clinic and the cost will be lower than a regular dentist but many people may have a misconception about how they operate. Right now, if you are accepted at the University of Florida dental school/clinic you will have to pay an upfront fee of $180. You may be able to go through their process of asking for a lower fee schedule but not too many qualify. This is usually for ONE procedure (including x-rays) and if more is needed then it will be another procedure. (I have recently talked with someone who went through this program.)

If there is a dental school near you then please check it out. Just Google dental schools with your zip and maybe there will be a school in your area.

After thinking about this, I believe you should maybe try one of the dentist clinics that do work on a sliding scale. their fees are based on your income/family. These are in every city so just try Google with "free dental clinics" and your zip. There will probably be several listed for you to check.

Here is the link to Orlando as an example.

http://www.free … us/ci/fl-orlando

As the others said, find a dental school

You should check in your area and see if there is a Terry Reilly Dental in your area. They do a sliding scale and do not check your credit or anything. Also check in your area for dental schools. You might also check such sites as:

www.freedentalcare.com

www.mygovhealthcare.com

And you might try this dental referral number: 1.877.423.5662

Hope one of these is of help to you.

celticeagle :

Thanks for your reply. I'll check these websites.

Gary Stanullwich

I hope you have found a dentist that will help you as deteriorating teeth can affect more than just your appearance as optimum health requires sound teeth.

I just want to say that so many web sites have "free dental" in their links but I help others looking for assistance and have never found a site that really had free dental care. Dentist just do not fall under this category unless someone is on Medicaid (children) or the work is deemed a medical emergency (maybe from an accident) and some type of insurance will pay the bill.

Links like this are very misleading because this link

http://www.freedentalcare.com/

is for the purchase of information listing web sites/government sites/etc for you to search for a dentist in your area. The cost for this download is $20 recommended but will accept less. Most or all of the supplied information is free on Google but after reviewing the supplied information I did not find any dentist doing "free" work. There were some doing dental work on an income/family sliding scale and whatever fee they came up with had to be paid "up front" before any work would be done.

The link to http://mygovhealthcare.com/ does give information on dental clinics but I have not found free work.

I do have another suggestion - contact Habitat in your area (Habitat - your zip) and ask if they ever sponsor or participate in free dental clinics. They do in many areas and it would be free to anyone - no questions asked (not just to Habitat home owners).

The next suggestion would be to Google - Interfaith Clinics with your zip code as they are all over the US and they do offer dental help but they may have certain qualifications.

You can get help by way of reduced prices but you may still have to give up something to pay for it.