Finding Empty Wine Bottles

Category Reusing
Empty Wine Bottles
Wine bottles have been used in crafts and other projects for years. Finding a source for the empty bottles can be a bit of a challenge at times. This is a guide about finding empty wine bottles.

Does anyone know where I can get empty wine bottles? I would really like to find some colored ones. I live in Rochester and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I do!!! I'll pay you for them if the price is reasonable. I've been making guitar slides out of wine bottle necks and I'm trying to get as many people as I can to start saving me their empty bottles instead of just throwing them away. However, I only know a couple people who drink wine and I really need several more than they'll be able to apply for quite some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Many bars and restaurants go through several bottles of wine a night. I would talk to your local places and see if you can grab them out of the recycle bin or if they will save them for you.

Anonymous

Hi I'm not the original poster but I'm looking for empty gallon jugs to make kombucha. Thanks!

Where do you go to get a good supply of empty wine and liquor bottles? I have asked local restaurants and they seem reluctant to give me any. Short of looking through people's recycling bins on garbage day, can anyone help me? Thanks.

Marie from Buffalo, NY

I am from a small town in MO, and can only guess that the restaurants/bars may not have any room for empty bottles sitting around. All the posts here are good, but why not try the small town down the road? They would probably be more readily able to help you.

Most of the time a liquor store will be happy to do that. I always go there for moving boxes as they have those great dividers inside. Good Luck!

I don't know what your situation is there, but wine and liquor bottles can be returned for a deposit here, and so businesses would not want to give them away. Don't you have any friends who drink wine or alcohol that might give you their empties?

I actually have over a case full on empty wine bottles. They aren't accepted for the glass recycling at Wal-Mart and I was sure that there must be someone looking for empty wine bottles. I live in Saratoga Springs. Let me know if you're still interested.

Does anyone know where I can find wine bottles, liquor bottles, Mason jars (all sizes), and wine corks? I need these items for a project.

By Tonya B.

Try asking for them in your area of sort of recycle or go to thrift stores. I found alot of glass jars this way and cheap.

For wine bottles, check with a couple of restaurants that serve wine and see if they will save you several and be sure to explain what you are using they for and maybe showing a picture of finished product. They might even have the corks also.

I would suggest asking friends, family, and/or your local American Legion (AL) or Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).

Sometimes I tag my neighbors on a Facebook post asking if anyone has items they are throwing away, many times I get what I need from a house or two down. Also, you can post a Wanted ad on Craigslist, I would be certain to mention that you're not profiting off of anything you want for free.