Finding Free Furniture

If you need to furnish your home or apartment inexpensively, it doesn't get any better than finding free furniture. This is a guide about finding free furniture.

December 4, 2015 Flag

Where can I get a bed? I am a single mother and cannot afford a bed for myself. Somebody stole my bed and I am sleeping on a cot at the moment and really need a bed. Can anyone help me with any resources?

Best Answer

If you live in a larger city where there is a Salvation Army, you can get a voucher once a year for a piece of furniture - I'm assuming a bed would be furniture, right. Doesn't hurt to try!

Best Answer

December 4, 2011 Flag

I sign up for the freecycle yahoo posting in our area. I received some really nice furniture this way. Also in Florida, what people don't want they put on the curb, and you are free to take it. We look at the piece to see if it is good or worth redoing.

By Lori M. from Palm Bay, FL

I love freecycle. I have given some items away and have gotten an exercise bike, office chair, moving boxes, a headboard, mattress topper, quilt, drapes, and more! Craigslist also has free items.

October 19, 2015 Flag

Where can I find a free dresser?

Best Answer

Craigslist is an excellent source for finding inexpensive furniture. However, they also have a "Free" section. Look in the "For Sale" area on the main page of your local Craigslist page and you will see a link to the free stuff. There are a surprising amount of valuable items you can get at no charge simply for hauling them away from the owner. If you don't find a dresser there today, check tomorrow, there are always new items being added. Good luck!

December 6, 2011 Flag

Find out when large item garbage pick-up is happening around you. In the days before that date, inspect furniture sitting at roadside. Explore the alleys and dumpsters behind places of business. Sometimes businesses discard slightly worn furniture that is still useable.

By Vivian P.

Just be careful what you pick up. You could end up bringing home bed bugs. They can live even in wood furniture.

October 30, 2016 Flag

Hello I'm here in Tulsa OK and I need help.i just had a baby girl she's still in the hospital at the moment but will be home soon, I just moved into a new apartment and i need help with furniture for my daughter and I please help me

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do NOT try Craigslist. There are many scams and it can be dangerous for a woman.

Instead, try:

Freecycle Tulsa: https://groups.freecycle.org/group/TulsaOkFreecycle/posts/all

Barter and sell facebook group in Tulsa: https://www.facebook.com/groups/296644033865638/

Tulsa swap facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379892128781471/

Tulsa Mommies pay it forward Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1416382112018762/

June 14, 2016 Flag

I'm getting ready to move in my new place I don't have a living room set or kitchen set or anything to make my apartment a home. I'm a single mother already struggling to make sure I have enough to move. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Hello my name is Selkeena Dashiell and I'm a single mom with low income I just moved into my apartment and I cannot afford to buy bunk beds for my two kids or buy furniture for my living room for me to sleep on so I'm trying to get help to help me financially please I have no one to help me to finish my place to make it comfortable for my two kids so if you can help me I would deeply appreciate it sincerely Selkeena Dashiell

February 16, 2014 Flag

I am 62 yrs old. I am single with no one to help me. I have heart disease as well as other medical problems. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap or free bed?

By D.M. Peterson

Best Answer

Go to the office of your local Salvation Army and tell them you need a bed and they will give you a voucher to take to their Thrift Store for a free bed. That being said, if they have any beds. Also most thrift stores won't let people pick from the best choices for free items. They usually have a separate section of free stuff. Another thing most of the thrift stores require that you pick up the items yourself. Another option would be an air mattress, you can get some that are quite good for not too much, and some of them are almost as tall as a bed. Also talk to your pastor he just might know somebody that has a spare bed that they would donate and sometimes they might also take up a special offering for a needy member of the congregation.

Best Answer

April 22, 2016 Flag

I'm in need of a full size bed. Any suggestions for where to look?

Free basic furniture is usually difficult to find as most people need furniture to use or store gear. Most thrift stores sell beds, dressers and chests of drawers as soon as they receive them and prices can vary depending upon the location. You can try Craig's List, EBay and other online resources as well as garage sales and church rummage sales for used furniture.

November 4, 2016 Flag

Where in Colorado Springs can I get a free bed?

May 9, 2013 Flag

With limited funds, 100.00 per month, that I have left after bills are paid, how can I get a bed and furniture for a one bedroom apartment in Georgia?
I am on SSDI and have tried the social services, but to no avail.

By Marie

Check to see if there is a local FreeCycle group in your area. You can do this by searching "freecycle in _____". If there's nothing listed that you need and/or are interested in, you can do a ISO/Wanted (In Search Of). Around here, folks are always giving away things they no longer need/want and just want gone.

Craigslist is also a place to try, it's mostly For Sale or Looking to Buy but there are some freebies on there too. And if it's a For Sale, you might be able to bargain/haggle with the seller. You can also check for a "Yard Sellers" on-line group. Another option would be check local thrift stores, especially privately owned ones, they'll often work with you (my dtr's best friend owns one and she's been known to work out something with folks).

January 13, 2013 Flag

I am a married settled lady needing help with beds for 7 boys. My husband has been out of work for 2 years. We are really in of some furniture. We do not know where to look or get help. Any suggestions?

By Sabrina

Try looking up a Freecycle group in your area. Go on yahoo groups & enter freecycle. I have found a lot of nice items on there. Also you can pass along things you don't want anymore. Also craigslist under free items. Some newspapers also have free items. Some things might need cleaned up but usually are decent. Check in your area for a social service who helps people in need. Good luck.

August 11, 2016 Flag

I'm on low income and live in subsidy housing. I need a couch; where would I go about getting one?

Check Craig's list in your locality under "free" stuff. If you don't have someone to pick it up for you, you might be able to get the person to deliver it to you for a very small fee. When I was moving, I gave away many things for free on Craig's list.

Load More
Consumer Advice Shopping Home & GardenNovember 25, 2011
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄