Finding Free Furniture

Category Home & Garden
If you need to furnish your home or apartment inexpensively, it doesn't get any better than finding free furniture. This is a guide about finding free furniture.

Two wood dressers.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 4

Buying furniture is an expensive undertaking. Families struggling on low incomes often are unable to buy or replace their furniture without some type of assistance. This is a guide about organizations that assist low income families get free furniture.

Wooden Bed

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Financial circumstances may require that you attempt to locate free furniture rather than buy new or used items. This is a guide about finding a free bed.

I sign up for the freecycle yahoo posting in our area. I received some really nice furniture this way. Also in Florida, what people don't want they put on the curb, and you are free to take it. We look at the piece to see if it is good or worth redoing.

By Lori M. from Palm Bay, FL

Lori, I have my daughter her husband and 3 kids that just moved from Ardmore, Oklahoma to veto beach Florida and they can really use your expertise in accumulating good used furniture they only took their clothes and some dishes but they need beds couches washer and dyer I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT and You if you would direct them where she can go to pick up any piece of furniture they will use and they have a truck so picking up furniture will not be a problem Thank You for just reading this. Sonia worried mom

Find out when large item garbage pick-up is happening around you. In the days before that date, inspect furniture sitting at roadside. Explore the alleys and dumpsters behind places of business. Sometimes businesses discard slightly worn furniture that is still useable.

When I need something I ask my friends to "ask around" for me. Most of the time someone has the item and they simply want to get it "out of the way".

I really need a good sturdy couch for free that can be delivered. I'm disabled an have no vehicle.

You can browse Craigslist for free furniture. I'm not sure if they are going to deliver though. They may for a small fee of their time.

Where can I find free or low cost furniture? My child and I just moved and we don't have any furniture.

Free sections of Craigslist and Nextdoor.com

I am in desperate need for a king or queen size bed for me and my husband. Just not making ends meet. Don't want to sleep on the floor any longer. Please help me.

Craigslist.org and NextDoor.com - check the free sections

My grandson needs a dresser. They are a low income family of 4. It needs to be free or low price. Any suggestions?

The Free Stuff section on Craigslist or Nextdoor.com

My familly is in dire need of furniture including cupboards, beds, and even kitchen cupboards. I have now recently taken in two family members and we have moved into a backyard flat and have absolutely nothing not even a fridge. I am a low income worker and I am at this stage taking care of and providing for a family of five. We are sleeping on the floor and our clothes, food, and utensils are at this stage all over the place, standing and stored on the floor.

Put an ad in Freecycle.

Where can I get free funiture near me?

The free sections of your Craislist.org and Nextdoor.com

I need help finding free furniture. I need everything. I am a single mom with a teenage son. We have nothing. I also need help finding low income homes in a decent neighborhood.

There are state organizations that you can ask for support. You will have to call your state and see which organizations you can qualify for especially if you have a child under 18 - they will help you.

On Craigslist if you look under for Sale > Free , you will find a lot of hopefully useful furniture for you and your son.

I desperately need furniture for myself and two children. We lost everything before moving and I just got a job and my own place, but do not have any furniture at all. We need as much help as we can get.

Craigslist has a section called "free stuff" -- you'll usually have to pick it up yourself but it is well worth it!

I need help to get three (3) twin size mattresses, box springs, and frames for my three boys. Their dad passed away and we have nothing anymore. We need three small dressers and one double size bed for myself. I have spine problems and I have to have spine surgery soon. I have had one life threatening spine surgery already at University of Maryland. We live in Aberdeen Maryland. I can't find help anywhere. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

I am sorry to hear.

You could check Craigslist > Under For Sale > Free. If you do not find anything you could post Wanted.

Where can I find a free dresser?

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Best Answer

Craigslist is an excellent source for finding inexpensive furniture. However, they also have a "Free" section. Look in the "For Sale" area on the main page of your local Craigslist page and you will see a link to the free stuff. There are a surprising amount of valuable items you can get at no charge simply for hauling them away from the owner. If you don't find a dresser there today, check tomorrow, there are always new items being added. Good luck!

My children and I have lost everything and are now restarting. How do I go about finding out if I can get help getting furniture or if someone is giving anything away?
Thank you in advance.

All of the places mentioned are excellent sources for local help. You do not state why you are having to start over and most of the time organizations have certain criteria for helping families but they are usually very helpful when children are involved.

I would suggest talking with someone at Salvation Army, Goodwill, local churches, and many of your non-profit Thrift stores. many of these help with furniture and clothing vouchers.

How do I get help finding free furniture?

Asking for help finding free furniture is a frequent question on Thriftyfun and most of the answers are basic and usually offer the same advice/suggestions.

Usually the person asking the question does not give enough information for responders to be able to offer any real suggestions that might help that individual  so we just give general information.

Questions:

1. What is your location? Thriftyfun receives questions from basically all over the world so many times an answer about services may not be available in your area.

2. Do you have transportation available to pick up free items?

3. What type of furniture is needed? (Some places will only give help with certain items)

4. Is furniture needed for just adults or are there children involved?

5. Why do you need/want free furniture? No long or personal explanation is necessary as it just may be that you need to save money. But remember; some places mentioned may ask about the real need.

I know that none of the above may be relevant to your question but there may be other readers who are facing the same problem and this might help them post a question that will receive more/better responses.

Also  VERY important  do not answer a question with another question for help  start your own question so listed information will be directed to your question.

Now  where to find help:

1. Salvation Army: you can get a voucher once a year for a piece of furniture or sometimes more.

2. Local Churches  help is sometimes available  according to the actual need

3. Hope to dream by Ashley Furniture.

https://www.ash  /A-Hope-To-Dream

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/

https://buynoth  ut/faqs/#Unhappy

https://www.cra  .org/about/sites

https://www.fre  qvPpsRoCfC3w_wcB

I am in need of a full size couch and love seat. I also need a queen size bed. I just moved into a new home with my 13 year old and we are sitting on a broken futon and my bed is broken also. Any suggestions?

If you go on craigslist there is a free section where there is a lot of people giving away all kinds of free stuff

I just moved to South Carolina and I don't have anything. I'm a single mom of 2 kids and I really need furniture like beds for my kids.

Thanks.

Try your local salvation army, goodwill or other second hand store. Or check craigslist on the free listings. They always have a ton of stuff there.

I'm getting ready to move in my new place I don't have a living room set or kitchen set or anything to make my apartment a home. I'm a single mother already struggling to make sure I have enough to move. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hello my name is Selkeena Dashiell and I'm a single mom with low income I just moved into my apartment and I cannot afford to buy bunk beds for my two kids or buy furniture for my living room for me to sleep on so I'm trying to get help to help me financially please I have no one to help me to finish my place to make it comfortable for my two kids so if you can help me I would deeply appreciate it sincerely Selkeena Dashiell

I am single mother and have run into an overwhelming situation. I recently allowed my daughter to come stay with me after being evicted from her place. Prior to staying with me, she was staying with various friends. It appears that she has brought some "luggage" with her AKA, bed bugs. I am currently in the process of scrubbing my house down, getting rid of the things that are not needed and have not been used, etc. My final obstacle is getting rid of all my furniture. Here is my question: Does anyone know of any agency/organization that can help me obtain reduced and/or free replacement furniture? Everything has to go and after I pay an exterminator, I am going to have little or nothing to spare. Any and all suggestions and referrals are appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration regarding this huge problem that I have.

You can put an ad in Freecycle or Craigslist. I have seen people specify that the furniture must be bug-free.

With limited funds, 100.00 per month, that I have left after bills are paid, how can I get a bed and furniture for a one bedroom apartment in Georgia?I am on SSDI and have tried the social services, but to no avail.

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Load More