Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Sacramento, California

Category Health
Low Cost Pet Clinic
If you live in Sacramento and need low cost pet care, there may be some options for you. This is a guide about finding free or low cost pet clinics in Sacramento, California.

I need help with my 15 year old dog. His health is declining and I have no money to put him down. I live in Sacramento. He is starting to walk crooked, loosing his eyesight in 1 eye, and he is old. I am the only person working at this time and I have 1 adult and 3 young adults in my home. We love our dog, but I don't want him to suffer. Where can I find assistance to help my pet?

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I would call around to the local dog shelters and ask them.

Best Answer

Go to your local ASPCA. They may be able to help.

I desperately need to find a free or very low-cost veterinary clinic to take my 5 month old female cat to. She's suffering from ear mites, needs all of her vaccinations, and needs to be spayed! Any suggestions where I can take her in the Sacramento, California 95821 area?

By S.W.

Answers

You should have thought of your financial situation before you decided to own a Cat she will soon be ready to have a litter and her Ears need immediate attention. In her best interest please surrender her to the RSPCA who will place her with an owner who can look after her the way she is entitled to be.

With the over 13,000 animals taken in this year by the Sacramento SPCA, maybe half were adopted. Many were rescued by various rescue groups. SPCA, rescue groups, you and me, need money to help any animal. This is done by the generosity of the folks donating their time and money.

These organizations struggle with finances just like many of us do. Sounds like you obviously want to least do what you can for your little cat. That I believe is why you asked for feedback. So instead of suggesting you surrender a 5 month old unspayed female cat to the pound (everyone's looking for little baby kittens anyway), I'd say try sacanimal.org (Sacramento Area Animal Coalition) for a list of resources or give 'em a call.

Also Western Feed & Supply has 5 locations in Sac and a mobile clinic that comes around with nice low cost vaccinations & tests. Pick up a flyer in the store. The prices are very reasonable. Usually it's every Saturday for a couple hours. Be prepared to stand in line, it's quite popular. (I go there to shop, but it's so cute seeing all the different pets standing in line waiting for their shots, lol).

I have a little one I adopted from the SPCA right before she was to be put down. I love her to pieces. I'm not wealthy, but I do my best to give her a good home. Like I would any of my kids. Best wishes for you and your kitty.

Hi, the SPCA will spay and give shots to your cat for 20.00. All you need do is call for a voucher and then keep your appointment. I've used this service many times as I foster kittens every season. It's a wonderful program.

Wow, if every person that couldn't afford expensive vet fees got rid of their animals there would be 100x the amount of animals that get euthanized. Think before you speak

A very friendly dog was left here in my yard (Pit Bull). It looks like it has a large sect hanging in the stomach area. I am willing to keep her, but can't afford a vet. Is there any vet who would help her in the Sacramento area? She is spayed.

By Ed H from Sacramento, CA

I have a dog who is sick. I need to know if there is a free pet clinic in the area of Sacramento, California.

By Shelletha