Finding Help After a House Fire

My home was burned yesterday morning. There is nothing left, but burned memory. I have nothing left. Is there any organization that can help me get shoes or work cloths? I'm so hurt don't know where to turn.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please contact the Red Cross. Here is the location finder for your area in particular:

http://www.redc … ur-local-chapter

Start with the Red Cross.

http://www.redc … ur-local-chapter

They will help you with emergency needs and also help you find more permanent assistance. They have a list of people to contact so call them right away.

You can go to the office of almost any church in your area and ask for help. Most any of them will help with your immediate needs and may be able to help further. Hopefully you have a personal church to ask for help, but, if not, go to any church you see.

Salvation Army helps fire victims also. Just Google Salvation Army with your zip code and give them a call.

Hopefully you have some friends and family that will also help get back on your feet.

Try to stay positive and take care of yourself.

I'm sorry to hear. I hope everyone in your household is okay.

Red Cross should help you and assist you. When this situation happened they provided $500 per person. I'm not sure how much now or it may depend on the location. You can also reach out to other organizations in your area by doing a simple search since it varies on location. Also churches are more than happy

To help too!

I would contact local churches or the Red Cross

Do get in touch with the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. Check and see if you have a local food bank or thrift shop that will help you.

Like others have said the Red Cross is your first stop. Afterwards, visit your local churches and ask for help from the community. There are so many generous people who are willing to help. I would also talk with Social Services to see if they can help.

I hope you and your family are fine. This is a hard time, but things will get better.