Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns

Category Looms
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
This is a guide about finding Knifty Knitter patterns. Knifty Knitter looms makes knitting items such as hats and scarves easy for everyone.

This is a guide about patterns for a Knifty Knitter long loom. Knitting looms are an easy way to knit even if you are not an experienced traditional knitter.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about finding Knifty Nnitter patterns for baby items. The Knifty Knitter can make some cute items for babies.

A green round loom.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Where can I find all the patterns for the Knifty Knitter? Thanks.

Loretta

I have been using a Knifty Knitter for over a year. I found patterns by using yahoo search and tons of items came up plus lots of clubs. I really love them. Molly

Anonymous

You can try:

http://www.knit  oom_knitting.php

and there are many great groups on yahoo. There is even a loom class where we loom along making lots of items. Right now we're making different pattern squares for an afghan!

Where do I find the free purse pattern for the Knifty Knitter. All I am finding is everyone wanting to sell me something.

I am looking for Knifty Knitter patterns for doilies. Anyone know where I can find one?

Judy from Traverse City

Try yahoo groups/round knitting looms, they will be able to help you, you might have to join their group first. Or go to provocraft, they have free patterns too

I don't believe there is one yet. Join the kniftyknitterlooms yahoo group and ask! Otherwise, its not too hard to convert regular knit patterns to the loom.

A doily on the KK might have too large of gauge to look really good. I'll have to think about it and see if I can come up with something!

Thank you very much

Judy

I need the pattern for the Knifty Knitter baby bonnet for my mother-in-law and I don't know where else to look. So can you please help?

This website seems to provide instructions for making a baby hat with a knifty knitter loom, though it sounds like any smal lloom would work http://www.loom  t-a-preemie-hat/

The website also provides a handy head size chart, as well as patterns.

Go to ravelry.com and post the question on their forums

Has anyone tried the Knifty Knitter? I have one and would like some ideas on projects to make with it. - Debra

Right now I am working on a scarf. I already made hats for my baby boy and for my daughter. You tube shows how to do some knifty knitter projects. There are some free project ideas on the web. You could make blankets, shawls or ponchos with the long looms or hats, socks or mittens on the round looms. It's quite addictive for me.

Hi Debra!

First of all, Provo Craft, located in Provo, Utah USA, is the manufacturer of the Knifty Knitter. Their webpage is www.provocraft.com. Robert's Crafts is an online and Utah USA based craftstore that sells Knifty Knitter looms, HOWEVER, they aren't the sole distributors of the Knifty Knitter. I would go to www.thefind.com and type in "Knifty Knitter" and it will bring up TONS of online merchants that sell the looms for competitive prices.

As far as projects go, the blogspot "Loom Lore" has links to more than ten handfulls of patterns/ideas for loom knitting and links, period. A lot of patterns utilize the Knifty Knitter but the round loom concept has been around for years. http://loomlady  flat-stitch.html

And last but not least, go to www.youtube.com, search for Knifty Knitter and you will be able to see first-hand videos on how to use the Knifty Knitter in all various ways. I hope this helps out.

PS Yahoo has forums or "groups" for all sorts of things including one specifically for the Knifty Knitter Looms. All you have to have is a yahoo email account (you can create one if you don't have one)and join. Here is the link! Hooray!

http://groups.y  ftyknitterlooms/

I am looking for Knifty Knitter patterns.

By Cher from San Jose, CA

WE ARE: https://www.fac  gloomersandknits

Where can I get free patterns for the Knifty Knitter?

By Marilyn from Atascosa, TX

Answers:

Knifty Knitter Patterns

knittingpatterncentral.com (09/30/2010)

By Patty Lynn

Knifty Knitter Patterns

Marilyn, just Google knitting looms and you will find plenty help. Also knifty knitter.com will have some, and I like the Purling Sprite knitting loom videos, or on "You Tube". Type that into google or any search engine. (10/06/2010)

By Jean220

Knifty Knitter Patterns

Knifty knitter patterns can be found by searching the net for them. Just type in Knifty Knitter patterns and you can find some. I found a couple of sites that offered free patterns. I hope this helps.

Rosemary
(10/06/2010)

By meis54

I am looking for patterns for a Knifty Knitter.

By Dorothy from Boone, IA

Answers:

Knifty Knitter Patterns

This is a great resource:

springyknitting.com

You can also find groups on Yahoo. Search for Round Loom knitting. (01/31/2010)

By trieschman

Knifty Knitter Patterns

Try provocraft.com they make the Knifty Knitter and have free patterns there. Also, robertscrafts.com has quite a few and rowena.typepad.com will take you to a specific pattern with other patterns on that site. Try googling "round loom knitting patterns", I know there are several other sites that offer these patterns as well as a few books. Try Amazon to look for those or your local library. Good luck! (02/04/2010)

By Jeannie B

I am looking for patterns for the long loom Knifty Knitter.

Beverley

Answers:

Knifty Knitter Patterns

They are at Michael's, Jo Ann Fabrics, Wal Mart. They are also available on line. (02/27/2009)

By yarnlady

Has anyone tried the Knifty

Knitter? I have one and would like some ideas on projects to make with it.

Debra

Answers:

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I had never heard of the Knifty Knitter before, but you sure sparked my interest. There are

several sites online that tell about this neat "loom". Here is a site that has some projects.

You may already have them if your set came with projects. I hope this helps. I live in the

Netherlands (from CA though) and I'm going to see if I can find something like that here.

Love the idea. robertscrafts.com (01/30/2005)

By Luvyabye

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Try their web site provocraft.com. They have a few

patterns and more to come. I also purchased a pattern book by C.W. Designs "Quick 'N Easy

Patterns on the Knit-A-Round". It shows how to make hats, scarfs, sweaters, afghans, and

shawls. I also ordered "In the Attic Round Loom Knitting Patterns" from Annie's Attic; can't

wait to see what's in that one. (02/16/2005)

By 5siamese

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I have had my Knifty Knitter for five months, and use it a lot. I made hats, scarves, a

shrug, slippers, and shawls. The slippers are easy, use the child hat size, (second smallest)

make cuff (three rows, bring up and over, knit on about six rows, then just knit back and

forth on half the loom one less peg each time until down to three pegs, then back and forth

adding one peg until back to half the loom, then start going all the way around until the

slipper is long enough for the foot, and end just like a hat.

My kids and I all have some. If you can't pull the stitches up and knit them in because it

is getting too tight, you have to start a lot looser. The yarn doesn't have enough give, so

you have to allow for it by knitting as loose as you can. I've used my large loom for afgans

and shawls by just casting on all the way around, then knitting back and forth without

connecting the first and last stitches, and so not making a circle. It works quite easily,

and just falls open into a flat piece. Good luck to all you knitters out there. What I like

best is being able to make it up as I go along, and this loom works really well for that. The

Dutchess (05/14/2005)

By Quinn D.

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I live in Texas and use the Knifty Knitter and Michael's craft store has classes for the

Knifty Knitter. I'm sure if you check with your local Michael's they will be able to help you

with any project you have. (06/09/2005)

By M

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I just thought I'd post this great site I just found. Just a few patterns, but very unique.

Take a look, it might inspire you for some projects of your own.

loomknittingdesigns.com (12/22/2005)

By guest

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Go to isela.typepad.com. Isela Phelps has amazing

patterns to items to make on the Knifty Knitter, plus free mini-videos you can view online to

learn how to use the round looms, knit, purl, etc.

If you want to keep your scarves made on the round looms from curling, you need to either

add a few rows on purling on the sides, or intermix purl and knit stitches on each row. I'm

making a scarf for my son right now on the round loom, alternating purl and knit stitches (one

peg purl, the next knit, etc), and there's no curling, plus the pattern is really interesting.

The purling is easy to do once you get the hang of it. I learned it from watching a mini-video

on Isela's website. (10/20/2006)

By Laura

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

You can also get projects at Michael's Crafts Store webs site, they update it pretty often:

michaels.com

(02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Here's a Site by a nice lady that has quite a few patterns:

bevscountrycottage.com

(02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

Here's a site with lots of links:

crafts.lovetoknow.com

Tip try searching for "loom knitting" patters and and instructions (02/15/2007)

By New Knitter

Toboggan hat pattern

I found this pattern at Lion Brand yarn website. I did a search for "loom knit hat" and it

came up. Hope this helps.

cache.lionbrand.com

(12/28/2007)

By Steffie

Projects for Knifty Knitter?

I love my Knifty Knitters. I have the set of long ones too, but haven't used them yet. I am

making socks on my small blue loom. I have made five pair learning something new on each pair. I

purchased the book " Loom Knitting Primer" by Isela Phelps. I got it from Amazon when I bought

my looms and it has been so helpful. It has different sock patterns as well as other things,

but now I am totally addicted to making socks. I also purchased the fine sock loom from

Decoraccents. I haven't used it yet. Happy looming. Artsy 800 (05/15/2008)

By artsy800

Hat with ear flaps (aka 'ding dong hat')

For "amateur knitter" looking for the hat pattern, I found this pattern yesterday and made it

last night in shades of navy for my 10 yr old. She loves it. I hope it is what you're

looking for. rowena.typepad.com (01/02/2009)

By Kim

I am trying to find Knifty Knitter patterns.

I've purchased a long purple Knifty Knitter for my Dad. He's made LOTS of scarves in the twisted knit pattern.

I am looking for free knifty knitter patterns (baby blankets, Booties, slippers and throws).

I am looking for patterns for Knifty Knitter.

I am looking for free knifty knitter patterns.

I am looking for free patterns for the "Knifty Knitter" by Provocraft - can anyone help me out?