Finding Women's Jeans That Fit

Category Buying
A woman struggling to put jeans on.
Finding jeans that fit can be a harrowing experience for many women. This is a guide about finding women's jeans that fit.

Where can I find a perfect a pair of jeans? I am 5ft 2in and I have a flat tush. I have not been able to find any pair of jeans that fit me perfectly. Can anyone give any suggestions? Also, I am a size 15. Even petite fits me long. I want something that will fit nice to my body and give some what of an illusion that I got a little junk in the trunk. LOL Thanks.

WarpedAngel from MD

I have seen underwear that has some padding in it - which would fill our your derriere - otherwise I would get stretch jeans which fit better - and there ARE petite jeans - altho I usually just hem mine (I am 5 '3") - Check out Lane Bryant and the Woman Within online for larger sizes. Look around there MIGHT be jeans with rear padding - I know there are jeans with slimming front panels, now - all very expensive, tho...

I also have a flat butt. I wear jeans with flap pockets on the rear. I heard about this on a talk show one afternoon and thought I would try it. It really works. The pockets made my fanny look fuller. Now I only buy rear flap pocket (Low waist) jeans. Hope this helps..It really has giving me a nicer figure.

I'm 5'2" also and the only place I buy pants is at Blair. I never have to shorten their petites. If I find a style that doesn't come in petite, I don't buy it because I know I'll have to shorten them.

I'm 5'3", and I wear a 14 or 16. Though I love the GAP, it's pricey. Old Navy is good, though I'd go down a size for any jean if it's stretchy--you want them tight at first, as they totally stretch out and look all saggy in the bum.

JCPenney has St John's Bay brand (on sale runs about $20) that comes in petites--get them tight as they do sag out after a day--but it feels good to get a size 12 sometimes! The best price I've EVER got for new, fashionable jeans is at Steve and Barry's (look it up online to see if there's one close by) Sarah Jessica Parker line 'Bitten'--everything there cost $8.98!

No joke, shoes, wool coats, cute dresses, swimsuits, and jeans--but somehow I then don't want to spend $9 on underwear or earrings (ha-ha). But to my surprise, on the tag once I got home, I notice my perfect-fitting, great-buy jeans says "Size 14, capri-length"...Arrrgh! yes, I have the shortest legs in the world, I guess.

Also, it's worth it to wear some sort of heel. I wear the clog or boot-type shoe in a dark color, to give me height, and I wear boot-cut and a dark wash of jean--it makes my legs look long and leggy!

I found a website where you can design your own jeans. You give them all kinds of different measurements and they make you a pair of jeans to fit you perfectly. You also get to design the back pockets, the hem, the zipper or button fly, and all of the other aspects of the jeans. The only drawback is the price, they start at $135. You can pay more to add extras, like to make your jeans look wrinkled etc. I too have a very hard time finding a pair of jeans to fit me and get very frustrated, so I am going to save up to buy a pair, I think it will be worth it, I hope so! The website is indidenim.com. I tried the website out just to check it out and it was a lot of fun. Good luck!

I'm 5'1 and have no rear either. I watched the Tyra Banks show when they were discussing jeans to fit the one day and as the other post stated jeans with the flap pockets work really well, also ones with larger back pockets make your tush really pop out.

The brand Aura from The Women at Wrangler has an enormous size range to fit just about everyone. These Wranglers are in some stores and also available from amazon.com. They run large, so I buy a smaller size than usual, in the stretch jeans, from Amazon.

Have you tried Men's Jeans? They may or may not give you the illusion of "junk in the trunk", but they will probablly take care of your other problems. Men's jeans are sold by waist size and length, and also most men have flatter butts. Also, usually men's jeans are a bit cheaper. I used to do this myself when I was smaller -- worth a try!

Buy jeans with bulky back pockets.

http://www.land … mp;origin=search

Custom jeans for $75-85.

P.S. You'll have to cut-and-paste the address because it didn't all turn into a link. Or you can go to www.landsend.com and type "custom jeans" into the search box.

I buy GAP jeans at the outlet mall-look for the size that is makred A for ankle length. I am also 5'2" (size 6). I use the curby low rise (I am 50 years old) and these fit me well.

Go to GAP and try their different styles. Once you figure out what's best, try to find them at an outlet or on line. Also, you may be able to find something comparable. I say GAP because they have such a variety and usually keep all the sizes in stock so you can try all the styles at one time.

Try going to a store that sells petite clothing. I like Macy's style, and they have wonderful sales. But JC Penny's and all major stores carry petites. Try it I got fed up with regular jeans they just did not fit right and the petites really did the trick! Have fun shopping!

Thanks all! I finally found some jeans that fit great in the bum area! I went to Old Navy this past weekend and came across two different styles that fit great. One is called The Flirt & the other is The Diva. Both of them have pockets with buttons on the back which make the figure a bit more flattering. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I cannot find any denim jeans that fit. Does anyone know of any brand that is really loose in the thigh area? Sort of like a trouser leg?

By Carolyn

Try Old Navy or their website! They advertise trouser jeans.

Several different brands make a style called easy riders. Lee is one brand, and one or two brands that WalMart sells have a style called easy rider.

I have gained a lot of weight in the last 2 years and it is hard to find pants that fit in both the waist and stride. I am 5 foot 4 inches and wear a size 16, but the stride is too baggy. I have tried several different brands and stores and now need some advice. Thanks.

By n

I need boys jeans, with the waist to fit 8-10, but length to fit 14. What size do I buy? Please help.

By Pam