Finding a Decorative Bead for Formal Dress

A formal beaded dress in white.
Finding just the right decorative bead for a formal dress that your are making or enhancing can be a time consuming task, but rewarding in the end. This is a guide about finding a decorative bead for formal dress.

I really need to find this bead. I've given up if I don't find this bead my head is on the chopping block. I found it once, but the lady who supplied them to me recently passed away and I can no longer find this bead. I've tried Fire Mountain Gems they do not have it.

I need this bead is to make my niece's sweet 16 dress. You see she wants a gown inspired by the one I used for my wedding, but she is a size 6 and my gown is a size 2.

Here is a picture of the bead and dress. Have a great day. (It's the silver teardrop on the dress; it is a 6x3mm.)

photobucket.com

By Adriana from New York, NY

Sometimes people can't have everything they want and age 16 isn't too early to find that out. Why such a fancy dress? Around here they wear jeans, shorts, casual dresses, etc. for birthday parties. Even when the party is held in a ball room or country club, I haven't heard of evening gowns being worn.

Dear, that does seem to be an elaborate dress for a 16-year-old! I wouldn't try to have that much beading, if any, and the teardrop bead doesn't seem to be a necessary part of the design. It could easily be eliminated. What happened to 16 year old girls just looking fresh & pretty? Enough time to be elaborate for her wedding.

Try boleks.com

Good luck with that. Have you posted to any bead enthusiasts groups? I don't belong to any but I'm sure they are out there. Maybe you could use something similar. While I agree with the others than we learn at some point that we don't always get things just exactly like we want them, I do not agree that she should not have a beautiful gown for her 16th. I know that all cultures are different and if this is what works for her, then I say, "Go for it Princess 16 Year Old!" Who wouldn't want to be all dressed up for a dance looking that gorgeous! Happy bead hunting.