Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

What anti virus does everyone use? Has anyone found that Norton slows your computer down?

By pico from St. Paul, AB

Answers:

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I use a free anti-virus software called AVG. It is available at http://free.avg.com. So far it has been unobtrusive and performed well. (07/08/2009)

By lah34a

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I really like Commodo. I use stumble upon to look for websites so I need a very good protection suite. Comodo has worked great for over a year with no problems. (07/08/2009)

By jlsim66

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I used to use AVG free, but it let to many virus' get by it. So I switched to Avast with is also FREE and WAY BETTER! When I get a new computer I always take off the Norton that they put on it. Norton causes more problems than it helps.

Also, download Ccleaner from www.filehippo. If you DO get a virus, and your current anti virus can't clean or delete it, the Ccleaner will.

Go to www.download.com and get Avast! (07/08/2009)

By SusLuvsVintage

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I use Trend Micro Internet Security. I cycled through Norton, McAfee, Panda and tried AVG free. I have had the most success with Trend. The other either slowed my system down or had bad customer service when contacted. I also like that Trend has parental controls which allow me to pick what is blocked, including web advertisements. And it is for 3 computers at a reasonable price. (07/08/2009)

By zoodad

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

Avast is one of the best I have found and it's frugal! (totally for free!) Good luck. (07/08/2009)

By Roxanne.sable

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I don't know if this one is available, but it comes free from my internet provider. It is CA Security Center. It catches everything, has adware/spyware wtih it. I was on Microsoft official site doing downloads and installations of priority updates and it caught three viruses trying to invade my PC. Never thought of a virus appearing at their own site. It gives me even more confidence in it. I have had it almost three years now and recommend if your provider has a free security service use it for they want to protect your system and theirs. (07/10/2009)

By itsagift

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

My "free" AVG now has some cost to it. I too am looking for something better and without cost. I did look through what Windows itself had to offer. I am not all that literate in this stuff, but appreciate all the info suggested. (07/10/2009)

By HalfWhit

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I switched from Norton (because it was slowing my computer down and let a couple virus' in) to McAfee about four years ago and have never had a single slow down or problem since. It's only about $30.00 a year and some years they offer $10.00 off if you renew your subscription a few months early. (07/10/2009)

By Deeli

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

Why don't you switch from Windows to the free (including the software) Linux Mint (http://www.linuxmint.com) and stop dealing with virus and spyware? (07/10/2009)

By rjwilcox

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I use comodo it is free it has the anti virus and firewall together there is a malware (spyware) catcher in the anti virus too I have no problems with it is totally free the only catch is you have to re register every year that is it I have had it for years with no problems Love this one here is the link: http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Blessings, Shirley (07/10/2009)

By Golden7673

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

Panda Cloud - It's great, is what most of the IT people are recommending. You install it once and forget it, never have to update. What it does is installs on your computer and when you go anywhere on the 'net, it goes through the Panda Cloud site before you go anywhere. http://www.cloudantivirus.com/ (07/10/2009)

By Noella

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I get McAfee free with my cable internet, I have had it for 4 years and never a virus. (07/10/2009)

By micksgirl

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I use the free AVG and Spybot.com. They are working quite well for me. Good luck! (07/12/2009)

By crzylady

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

Nod 32 (08/06/2009)

By lorraina

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

Try avast! The home version-works for me. (08/06/2009)

By PamelaW

Finding a Good Anti Virus Software

I use AVG (free) I have had it for four years and no problems. Laura (01/02/2010)

By mcclelandl

Computer screen says "Caution".
Preventing Computer Viruses and Malware
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Anti-Spyware
Running Anti-Spyware on Your Computer
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
🎉
🎄