Finding a Half Brother

I have been trying to locate and meet my brother since I first found out about him. I'm only 16 so I obviously haven't got the money for a private investigator and people like that. I do have information about my brother, I know his name, how old he is, and have a rough idea of his birthday. I know his mum's first and last name and where he lived when he was born. I have tried searching for him and his mum on social media and I have googled both of them, but I can't find anything :(

I don't have contact with my dad. The only time I have spoken to him in years is when he told me about my brother. My mum knows nothing because my dad is a secretive person and doesn't share important things, but I really really want to meet my older brother. How can I find him? It would mean a lot to me to meet him. Thank you.

I would go on ancestry.com, and try the free search. Good luck.

Give this a shot: http://www.myhe … e/lost-relatives

Is he older or younger? If you know where he was born and roughly when, search the online (and microfishe if he is older, from the library) newspapers. Many areas publish babys births in the newspapers. That would confirm for you his exact date of birth, and possibly other relatives you could maybe find to help in your search (our paper puts the names of siblings and grandparents in the birth. announcements). If you can narrow down where he was at (state wise then city wise) check online to places like classmates.com.

I would try ancestry.com . I would start a tree with you, your parents and your brother and see if you got a hint . You can just list him as an unknown son under your dad or you can try possible family names or names or names you just think might be something that sounds right. Play with it . If you have info on his mother put her in there too. If he has been adopted, put any info you may have. Any hints you get on anyone may give you cities he may live in or other information. If you can get his name make sure you change unknown to his name. If you get a city, or even a county i would look at classmates.com for his name (hopefully he has same last name).

Can you tell your father how you feel? And, that you want to know more about your half brother.