Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments

It is very stressful to have a pet in need of veterinary treatment and not have the cash for the visit. Finding a practice that will accept payments can be difficult. This is a guide about finding a veterinarian that accepts payments.

November 13, 2015 Flag

For about 2 weeks my cat has one eye that is red and looks bad. I live in Hawley Pennsylvania and am trying to find a reasonable vet that would take payments. I do not have a credit card. Her eye is just getting worse. I don't know if she cut it some how or got into a fight with the other 3 cats; I have 6 all together but 2 of them are in my room so she didn't fight with them. I have done everything I could think of. It looks like she could lose it. I can't find a vet that will take payments so far. It not a virus otherwise the rest would have it. She was born in 2009 and it would kill me if something happened to her. We used to have a vet that came to our house, an older man with his wife. He used to be reasonable, but now he is way too much. He's retired, but does this to keep him going. If any of you kind people can help I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Best Answer

Apply for a care credit card. You can use it for vet expenses with special financing. I'm not one for credit cards but this is one to have if you have pets. Has saved me and my dogs many times.

June 24, 2011 Flag

I need some vet help, but I can't afford any payments until next month and I'm not sure my dog will live that long without help. My dog got into the trash and I think he swallowed a bone so now he's bleeding out of his rectum.

I just got laid off my job and my unemployment barely covers my rent. I'm not sure I can take the heartbreak of my dog passing away. He's a good boy.

By Ken

Best Answer

Another mention about the Care Credit card. I applied the Humane Society I go to and had the card in less than 30 mins. You can apply online. Since your not working, perhaps someone can help you out with a co-signature if need be. Call you local humane society, perhaps can give some resources that can help you out. Your dog needs to be seen asap.

Best Answer

March 4, 2015 Flag

My dog broke her leg and I go to school full time and don't have money, so the vet wouldn't help me. They sent her home with broken leg what can I do?

By Laura

Best Answer

Your dog is in pain, needs help immediately and very few vets take time payments. You can call vets in your area for possible help, however, most vets require immediate payment in full. You can also try to find the needed money as a loan from family or friends and provide the help your dog needs now.

Best Answer

November 1, 2011 Flag

I need to find a vet that will work with me financially, my cat is very ill and I am a retired and on a low income.

By Alice J.

Best Answer

Have you tried calling around to the vets in your area asking for help? I did that and found one who helped me with my elderly Boxer. I cleaned kennels and walked boarding dogs to repay the vet for the discounted service, it was a real blessing to me and my old fellow.

Good luck, I hope you can find someone to help!

Best Answer

January 24, 2011 Flag

I need to find a vet that will take a small payment now and let me pay off the remaining amount with monthly payments. I only have like 60 dollars now. My kitten has to be seen by someone or I am sure he will die. Please any information will be helpful at this point. Thanks

By Latricia from Taylorsville, Utah

Best Answer

You'll have to call some veterinarians in your area and ask the same question.

Best Answer

February 7, 2016 Flag

I need help for kitten with broken leg. The owner cannot afford the 3600.00 quoted. Any ideas?

Check out www.rosesfund.org Great resources for all across the United States.

September 19, 2016 Flag

I'm taking care of a Doberman with 10, four week old puppies. I think she has a urinary tract infection. She is beginning to pee in her sleep and drinks volumes of water. She needs to be seen asap, but I don't get paid until the 21st of this month. Can anyone offer up any advice? I have no credit, and cannot get any. I can pay on the 21st.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You didn't say where you lived so this is the best I could come up with. Please check google first so you don't have to wait so long.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animal ... tml?referrer=https://www.google.com/

I hope that helps. PBP

January 26, 2014 Flag

My boyfriend's dog got ahold of my little kitty today and now she has her jaw broken and needs surgery. I can't afford it and don't want to lose her or for her to live unhappy with her mouth always open if it heals by itself. The vet said it would cost up to 1000.00 at the most, but I could barely afford her bill today. Help please.

By Raquel

Best Answer

Contact your local Humane Society. The website for our local Humane Society lists several clinics that provide emergency services. Contact the clinics to see if any can work with you to discount fee or offer payments. The Humane Society site also has contact information for 5 local groups that provide financial aid for a pet's medical service. Hopefully your local Humane Society can help. It is very important that you get a broken jaw dealt with right away!!

May 18, 2016 Flag

Took my 3 month old kitten to vet to find out she has a broken hip. She needs surgery that costs $900 or I can kill the kitten for $250. I don't have money for any of it. The only other option is to surrender her for $175 at the humane society. I don't have money for that either. It's life or death for her. I spent my rent and electronic money on her already. I won't have a home or electronic soon because of it, but I don't want to have to kill her myself because there's no vets that will do a payment plan. I can't get a credit card unfortunately I've tried, I've also tried go fund me account, and also tried petplan and care credit. I am trying everything I can just so she can keep her life. I'm at a loss.

Try www.rosesfund.org-you must file an application online.

Good Luck!

September 3, 2012 Flag

My sister's dog needs a vet. He has something seriously wrong with him. His testicles are swollen. He has fluids coming from his back leg and the head to his penis is swollen to the size of a golf ball. She did take him to the vet's, but the vet diagnosed him with the wrong thing and gave him the wrong meds. The fluids come from his penis when he pees, so it is not just pee. My sister really needs to take him to a vet that will do payments cause he is a very good dog.

By Samantha

Best Answer

I don't know of any that do payments, but your dog needs to go to the vet regardless.

May 10, 2016 Flag

My cat is in need of good, quality veterinary care. I just started a new job, and had a rescue group helping me for awhile with her medical care and expenses. Unfortunately, I would like to get her seen again as soon as possible.

Load More
Pets HealthAugust 19, 2013
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
Health Insurance Claims Paperwork
Organizing Health Insurance Paperwork
Veterinarian looking at a dog.
Choosing a Veterinarian
PayPal logo
Using PayPal
🎉
🎄