Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments

It is very stressful to have a pet in need of veterinary treatment and not have the cash for the visit. Finding a practice that will accept payments can be difficult. This is a guide about finding a veterinarian that accepts payments.

June 24, 2011 Flag

I need some vet help, but I can't afford any payments until next month and I'm not sure my dog will live that long without help. My dog got into the trash and I think he swallowed a bone so now he's bleeding out of his rectum.

I just got laid off my job and my unemployment barely covers my rent. I'm not sure I can take the heartbreak of my dog passing away. He's a good boy.

By Ken

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Another mention about the Care Credit card. I applied the Humane Society I go to and had the card in less than 30 mins. You can apply online. Since your not working, perhaps someone can help you out with a co-signature if need be. Call you local humane society, perhaps can give some resources that can help you out. Your dog needs to be seen asap.

December 22, 2016 Flag

I have a puppy who cut her leg really bad and with the holiday I have no money. She needs to see the vet badly. I have four babies that love her; she is family. Can someone please help me with any information.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Its been 6 days now, any updates? Keep in clean if possible to help avoid infection. Did you call all your local vets to see if any take payments?

November 13, 2015 Flag

For about 2 weeks my cat has one eye that is red and looks bad. I live in Hawley Pennsylvania and am trying to find a reasonable vet that would take payments. I do not have a credit card. Her eye is just getting worse. I don't know if she cut it some how or got into a fight with the other 3 cats; I have 6 all together but 2 of them are in my room so she didn't fight with them. I have done everything I could think of. It looks like she could lose it. I can't find a vet that will take payments so far. It not a virus otherwise the rest would have it. She was born in 2009 and it would kill me if something happened to her. We used to have a vet that came to our house, an older man with his wife. He used to be reasonable, but now he is way too much. He's retired, but does this to keep him going. If any of you kind people can help I would be so grateful. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Apply for a care credit card. You can use it for vet expenses with special financing. I'm not one for credit cards but this is one to have if you have pets. Has saved me and my dogs many times.

March 4, 2015 Flag

My dog broke her leg and I go to school full time and don't have money, so the vet wouldn't help me. They sent her home with broken leg what can I do?

By Laura

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Your dog is in pain, needs help immediately and very few vets take time payments. You can call vets in your area for possible help, however, most vets require immediate payment in full. You can also try to find the needed money as a loan from family or friends and provide the help your dog needs now.

November 1, 2011 Flag

I need to find a vet that will work with me financially, my cat is very ill and I am a retired and on a low income.

By Alice J.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Have you tried calling around to the vets in your area asking for help? I did that and found one who helped me with my elderly Boxer. I cleaned kennels and walked boarding dogs to repay the vet for the discounted service, it was a real blessing to me and my old fellow.

Good luck, I hope you can find someone to help!

January 24, 2011 Flag

I need to find a vet that will take a small payment now and let me pay off the remaining amount with monthly payments. I only have like 60 dollars now. My kitten has to be seen by someone or I am sure he will die. Please any information will be helpful at this point. Thanks

By Latricia from Taylorsville, Utah

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You'll have to call some veterinarians in your area and ask the same question.

February 7, 2016 Flag

I need help for kitten with broken leg. The owner cannot afford the 3600.00 quoted. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out www.rosesfund.org Great resources for all across the United States.

January 26, 2014 Flag

My boyfriend's dog got ahold of my little kitty today and now she has her jaw broken and needs surgery. I can't afford it and don't want to lose her or for her to live unhappy with her mouth always open if it heals by itself. The vet said it would cost up to 1000.00 at the most, but I could barely afford her bill today. Help please.

By Raquel

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Contact your local Humane Society. The website for our local Humane Society lists several clinics that provide emergency services. Contact the clinics to see if any can work with you to discount fee or offer payments. The Humane Society site also has contact information for 5 local groups that provide financial aid for a pet's medical service. Hopefully your local Humane Society can help. It is very important that you get a broken jaw dealt with right away!!

September 3, 2012 Flag

My sister's dog needs a vet. He has something seriously wrong with him. His testicles are swollen. He has fluids coming from his back leg and the head to his penis is swollen to the size of a golf ball. She did take him to the vet's, but the vet diagnosed him with the wrong thing and gave him the wrong meds. The fluids come from his penis when he pees, so it is not just pee. My sister really needs to take him to a vet that will do payments cause he is a very good dog.

By Samantha

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I don't know of any that do payments, but your dog needs to go to the vet regardless.

September 19, 2016 Flag

I'm taking care of a Doberman with 10, four week old puppies. I think she has a urinary tract infection. She is beginning to pee in her sleep and drinks volumes of water. She needs to be seen asap, but I don't get paid until the 21st of this month. Can anyone offer up any advice? I have no credit, and cannot get any. I can pay on the 21st.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You didn't say where you lived so this is the best I could come up with. Please check google first so you don't have to wait so long.

http://www.huma  /www.google.com/

I hope that helps. PBP

May 18, 2016 Flag

Took my 3 month old kitten to vet to find out she has a broken hip. She needs surgery that costs $900 or I can kill the kitten for $250. I don't have money for any of it. The only other option is to surrender her for $175 at the humane society. I don't have money for that either. It's life or death for her. I spent my rent and electronic money on her already. I won't have a home or electronic soon because of it, but I don't want to have to kill her myself because there's no vets that will do a payment plan. I can't get a credit card unfortunately I've tried, I've also tried go fund me account, and also tried petplan and care credit. I am trying everything I can just so she can keep her life. I'm at a loss.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try www.rosesfund.org-you must file an application online.

Good Luck!

May 10, 2016 Flag

My cat is in need of good, quality veterinary care. I just started a new job, and had a rescue group helping me for awhile with her medical care and expenses. Unfortunately, I would like to get her seen again as soon as possible. My cat, Gizmo, for more than a few months, has had really foul smelling stools, sometimes mixed with mucous and blood. She is avoiding her litter pan, but is always going in one of five or six places (with up to 10 to 15 stools a day).

Now before anyone claims I am neglecting her, she was "examined" by a low cost vet at a local shelter who told me it was her food, more aptly, the dyes in the food. They did no tests and no real exam. Unfortunately, this is the only vet that the rescue group will pay for.

I applied for care credit and was declined due to never having had a credit card and having one outstanding bill that I plan on paying off when I get a check that can actually go toward paying it off (Gizmo comes first). The rest is from my own medical expenses and should be off my credit report by now, but aren't. I was covered by Medicaid at the time of treatment and never received a bill for any of it. I'm still fighting that battle.

Unfortunately, I don't get issued a check until the 20 or 21 of May and I am just tired of seeing her suffer because no one wants to do their jobs.

It's not that I cannot afford her, she is an integral part of my own mental health care and is technically a service animal even though she isn't certified as such. Criticizing a disabled person for having a service animal is wrong so long as they have the resources that would ordinarily assist in caring for said animal. It's just I am having problems finding a vet that will provide quality care without having to wait 10 or 12 days longer, until I get my first paycheck.

I know that Bancroft Animal Hospital has a program for a free first visit, but it doesn't cover tests and medications, nor does it cover vaccines (she had her shots in February).

One of the things I do plan to do for her is get her a health insurance plan to help cover costs in the future.

Please, if someone can help us, I'd appreciate it, more for Gizmo than myself.

A Cat Owner in Wilmington, DE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried changing her diet? Many cats with long term digestive problems are helped by hypoallergenic food or a raw food diet. There are some good discussions and recipes on this website if you do a search. Most likely you can afford it, and would be able to do it right away. Try www.catinfo.org for good information. This site saved my cats life.

April 6, 2015 Flag

I need to find a vet that will accept payment plans in my area. The zip is 92882 in Corona, California. My dog is pooping blood. Please help.

By Vanesa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a comment for the person who said if you can't afford the vet bills don't have a pet. If you are unable to help don't comment. FYI hospitals do not turn people away who are sick or injured because they are unable to pay up front, they bill the people, which is basically what the is being asked in this post.

March 24, 2015 Flag

I have a 6 - 8 year old female Dachshund, she is the love of our lives and is in need of help. She has a large growth that has rapidly grown in the past month on her stomach and it's frightening to see. I'm afraid of it bursting by the size of it. I have looked around and every place keeps telling me she isn't worth the trouble to get fixed or the payment is way too high for my mediocre budget. I don't want to loose her over this and with how in pain she is, I'm afraid for her life. I don't want to get her put down neither.

I am unemployed and disabled, it's rough seeing her in this condition. So my question is: Does anyone know of a vet in Stockton, California who will provide services for a very small amount of cash during the first visit. I am willing to make payments, but they won't be much until I get my disability checks each month.

By Brittney B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check with your local animal shelters. They may have some resources for you to check out.

March 11, 2016 Flag

I live in the North Jersey area. My family's 12 yr old Cocker Spaniel is in need of an operation to remove his bladder stones. My parents are both elderly, with medical issues, and my dad has been out of work for a few months time so things are a little tight.

Our vet is estimating the surgery at $2700-3400. We have about 2200 to put down, but are looking for a vet that will work out a payment plan for the remaining balance. We applied for Care Credit but were denied. I am in the process of applying for grants and assistance from a bunch of organizations, but was wondering if anyone knew of any vets in the area that offer payment programs so that we can get this surgery done ASAP, as my poor sweet boy is really suffering.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Humane Society (site below) has possible help for seniors with pets needing emergency veterinary care. Scroll down to your state:

http://www.huma  atment%20seniors

January 24, 2016 Flag

I am in need of a veterinarian who will accept payments. I am in the Albany, Lebanon, Corvallis, Oregon area. Is there any place that can help me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

www.rosesfund.org is an excellent source of information for assistance all across the United States. Got this information from the January 2016 Costco Connection magazine. Hope this helps you find what you need for your fur baby.

August 20, 2008 Flag

My dog Penny, is a chi-doxie mix. She is having emergency surgery for a blocked intestine, as I am writing this. I'm waiting to hear if she is ok. She has been vomiting and not eating for 6 days. I have been to 3 vets to find out what is wrong. The charge for the services so far is $4000 and expected to increase if she makes it through the surgery.

Does anyone know a place I can apply for financial aid to help with the vet bills? I am disabled and low income. I am desperate. My car and home need repairs but I can't let my dog die without trying to save her. I don't know what to do. Thank you for any help you can give.

Joy from Visalia, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am saying prayers for your adorable

sweet face baby. And for you to find

the help you need.

July 27, 2016 Flag

My beautiful German Shepherd, Raquel, is 3yrs old. She has heartworms and the treatments are so expensive; I can't afford it. Does anyone know of a veterinarian that accepts payment plans? If anyone has any information, please share with me.

I live outside of Highlands, right outside of Houston, Texas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 25, 2014 Flag

Closeup of brown and white Pit.

AnswerPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a 6 year old Pit. I just got her back from the SPCA and she has an ear infection. I'm on disability and I do not have any money right now to take her to the vet and with this all said and done. I know she needs to be seen so please if there's anyone that knows of a veterinarian who will take payments .....

Load More
Pets HealthAugust 19, 2013
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
Health Insurance Claims Paperwork
Organizing Health Insurance Paperwork
Veterinarian looking at a dog.
Choosing a Veterinarian
PayPal logo
Using PayPal
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 12:58:51 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.