Finding an Inexpensive Car

Category Buying a Car
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
You don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money to get a dependable car. There are numerous ways to find an inexpensive car. This is a guide about finding an inexpensive car.

I am saving up my money to buy my first car. Does anyone have a tips for buying my first car and where to buy it? Thanks.

By Tammy093

Best Answer

See Edmunds.com and ConsumerReports.org. And, before you buy, check out those Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) with Carfax. Carfax costs $25 and it's good for a month on any number of cars. Also, don't be embarrassed or shy about walking away from a salesperson or a deal. This is probably your first big investment; don't let anyone pressure you. If something doesn't "feel right", listen to that little voice and keep on looking. Good Luck!

By guest client (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Go to a car rental agency. They sell off their vehicles after one or 2 years. They already made their money form the rentals. You get a well maintained car for a wholesale price.I bought a 2003 Chevy Malibu with 28,000 miles for $7500.By the way, the car is in perfect shape

By guest client (Guest Post)

Definately take someone with you who has bought a good inexpensive car. I understand you want to do it on your own, but wouldn't you rather get a good deal. I'm 28 years old and still take my dad with me when I make a big purchase. And WALK AWAY if it's not a good deal. I am a true advocate for the "Dummies" books. Go to the library and borrow "Buying a Car For Dummies." Everything is put into plain English and will teach you about loans and lingo.

By guest client (Guest Post)

Most senior golf and country clubs have their own newspapers for the residents living there. Look in the classified section. You will find older cars (mostly driven by one person with no wear on the interior) with hardly any milage (they mostly drive thier golf carts) that have been stored in the garage (which means the paint looks like a brand new car) for around two grand.

I have bought two cars that way and I am very happy with them.