Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding the Value of Antique Lawn Mowers

There seems to be a collector for almost every type of antique or vintage tool. This is a guide about finding the value of antique lawn mowers.

January 2, 2017 Flag

I found a old electric lawn mower. The name of the mower is Ezy Kutz. It was made by Bearings Transmission Inc. of Memphis, Tennessee. Has anyone ever heard of it?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There is a British website called http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/ I'm not sure if they could help with an American lawn mower, but you could try.

November 8, 2016 Flag

Anyone know anything about these, how old and what it is worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It would be helpful to know the year, but what can be seen just from this is that in 1958 it cost $85: https://news.go  493723&hl=en

mowpart.com has prices for used models.

December 17, 2016 Flag

I found a old Craftsman Sears and Roebuck riding lawn mower. From what I have found online I believe it is a 1962 model, but I am not 100% sure that is the right year. If anyone knows the exact year and the value of it please share it with me. The model number is 131.8151. Please help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I did not easily find anything on the internet, but here is a great site apparently dedicated to those who are interested in vintage Sears garden tractors and things http://vintages  dentractors.com/

August 27, 2016 Flag

My husband was cleaning out his garage and found an old Rumsey electric lawn mower. It works! I can't seem to find any information about it except an ad from 1946 and one that does not work on eBay for $600.

Does anyone know anything about these mowers and their actual worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I too have a Rumsey Electric Lawnmower that works and is in better condition than the one pictured. I am also trying to get a value of this lawnmower.

I would recommend that you go to the American Pickers website. If anyone can tell you the value, they can. Either that or Rick's Restorations. If they don't know the value, they might be able to point you in the right direction for finding out.

August 21, 2016 Flag

I would like to know the value of my 1948 Coldwell-Philadelphia Bear power mower. It has a Briggs & Stratton Model WI motor. The engine does turn over.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 6, 2016 Flag

I'm looking for information about old Huffy push mowers, such as how rare and value, etc. Mine has a Briggs & Stratton engine. It has a 21" cut and it's white and orange in color.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

an ebay search indicates that they can go fro $50 to $300, depending on the quality, year, and demand. Definitely this is a very nice antique, and is especially valuable when it can be made to work.

September 13, 2015 Flag

I found an old Clipper Mower Company mower. It it the sickle bar type that has blades that go back and forth when the wheels roll. It is very old, but is in good shape. Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm sorry, spell check changed the name....the mower is made by the Clipper Mower Company, not the Clinton

Editor's Note: Name changed in post.

I just sold mine at a flea market for $90.

i have one that is similar; patent dates on inside of wheels from 1895 to 1900 and the handle is marked "Red Diamond Senior ........." illegible. I bought mine in New England for $165.00. It has original red paint on the metal parts.

October 2, 2016 Flag

I have a 1930s Cooper "Royal" lawn mower, 4 HP engine, with rope start (wrap around pulley). It also has a ride behind Sulky attached. It is almost restored, with a recent rebuilt carburetor.

What's it worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2016 Flag

I was trying to get some kind of idea on the value of my Caldwell Cub. What I have found out is that it is a not too common; it is a very early Coldwell Cub.

The earliest models did not have a throttle lever. The other obvious early feature is the side plate of the cutting unit and how it attaches to the chassis. The engine was made by Coldwell. The unit has compression and everything moves freely. It still has the Brass Bear Cub and original cork stopper for the radiator.

The only things missing are the fan belt and it needs a new muffler. It has been in the family forever, but I have not had it running for many years. Any info or value on it would be deeply appreciated.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 3, 2016 Flag

Could anyone tell me the year and value of this Yard-Man, model 1040-5?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 8, 2015 Flag

I have my grandfather's Huffy hytamatic lawn mower model number 187, type 6012. You have to plug it in for it to run. It still runs great. Can you tell me if it's worth anything? Thank you.

By Lorraine H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 30, 2014 Flag

I have a 1951 Jacobsen power unit with a reel attachment. I would like to know how much it is worth. It is in very good condition.

By Chris Gregoire

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMay 8, 2014
Old Reel Mower
Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Antique Table
Finding the Value for Your Antique Furniture
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 2:16:40 PM on 10.0.0.111 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.