Finding the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

How can I find out the value of a set of dated encyclopedias?

Pamela from Brooklyn, NY

Answers:

I doubt that they're worth any money. People can use the internet now to find things they want to know. Maybe you can try a book store that deals in old books for an estimate. But I wouldn't get my hopes up about it.

Good luck. (12/04/2008)

By Carol in PA

I work in a thrift shop and we often have old encyclopedias donated. We can barely give them away. People sometimes buy them for 20 cents each to cut up for school projects or art. Sorry, but unless you have a rare early or first edition, I would say they are worthless.

Brenda in Oz
(12/04/2008)

By ilmarlai

My family owns a book business online and to find the value of most of our books we go to:
bookfinder.com and type in the title of the book. It will come up with how many people are selling it, and what they are selling it for. This always helps us get an estimate of what it's worth. I hope this helps.

Blessings, Abby (12/05/2008)

By simplelifebooks1

Someone had a set of encyclopedias on "Antiques Roadshow" TV show not long ago. The dealer told the person that his set of hopefuls were not worth more than what you might get for them at a yard sale. Sorry to say. (12/05/2008)

By badwater

Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎄