Fingerprint Snow Globe Kids' Craft

Fingerprint Snow Globe - completed snowman snow globe project
Fingerprint art projects are a perfect activity for younger children. Making a cute paper and paint snow globe is a fun winter project. This is a guide about fingerprint snow globe kids' craft.

If you are looking for an easy, fun, and adorable craft for kids to make during winter, this fingerprint snow globe is a great option. You won't need many supplies to create something that will be cherished forever. This activity would be perfect to work on at home or in the classroom. Besides the winter theme, you could incorporate this snow globe into learning about snow and the letter S. An entertaining book to read prior to making the craft is, Sneezy the Snowman, by Maureen Wright. Children will love what the snowman goes through not to be so cold!

• 2 sheets black construction paper
  • 1 sheet dark blue construction paper
  • 1-4 paint brushes (I just used one and cleaned it before each color.)
  • permanent marker (silver)
  • glue stick
  • laminator with sheet (optional)
  • scissors
  • fingerpaint (white, black, brown, orange, & any color for scarf)
  • orange construction paper (optional)
  • markers (optional: black, brown, & orange)
  • Optional:
  • Sneezy the Snowman (by) Maureen Wright

Related Product:

1. Cut out a trapezoid-shaped base from black construction paper. In mine, the vertical length, as well as the widest part of the base is about 6 inches. Cut out two circles; one black and one blue. Make the diameter about 6 inches as well. Now cut about 3/4 of an inch from around the blue circle. Glue the black circle onto the top of the trapezoid base, leaving 3-4 inches showing at the bottom. And the blue circle on top of the black circle, in the center.
  2. Use your index finger and white paint to add snow to the bottom of the blue circle. Now use white paint to create the snowman. I found that using my index finger was easier than a brush. And finally, add falling snow with more white paint. Allow to dry. Note: The glue seeped through and stained my blue construction paper. I just added more falling snow to cover it. Thicker paper or a non-liquid glue stick would be best to use when making this craft.
  3. Ad
  4. Use a paint brush to add the snowman's features and assessories. Orange is for the nose, black for the eyes, mouth, and buttons, brown for stick arms, and any color for the scarf! You can also use construction paper for the nose or markers for anything else.
  5. Laminate the snow globe and cut it out again. Use the silver marker to write your child's name on the black part. You can put the year instead, or both. I also added a little diamond design for that something extra!
  6. Ad

Very cute, as are all the submissions. I am a new grandmother, and I am saving these ideas. There is a program, 1000 Books before Kindergarten, so I also appreciate the suggested book that will complement the craft.