First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

I am looking for ideas for the speech at my son's first holy communion and a toast speech.

Delene

Answers:

Stand up straight and speak the truth.

I know that a Bar mitzvah boy (13 years old) or a Bat mitzvah girl (12 years old) makes their own speech, but I'm not familiar with communion speeches. Is this a speech you make from the podium to your son, or is it a speech that your son must make before taking communion?

Either way, I only have one piece of advice, and it's just as valid for a child taking first communion as for a child becoming a man or woman at the bar/bat mitzvah ceremony, entering school the first day, graduating from school on the last day, getting married, applying for a job, or at any other major moment in life. It's based on the knowledge that the world stands on three things: integrity, compassion, and the desire for betterment, and that the validity of every religion or belief system is tested upon those three principles.

It is this: "Stand up straight and speak the truth."

That's my advice for you, and that's the advice I suggest you give to your son as he takes this step towards commitment to the values you'll spend your life instilling and re-instilling in him.
(12/31/2008)

By Chayil