Pet PagesPets

Fishface (Cat)

A stray cat started eating the bread and popcorn that I threw out on my patio for the birds. I bought some cat food and it came every day. Then it became pregnant. One day went off and had its kittens. Now the kittens are coming to be fed.

This is one of them, which I named "Fishface" because its eyes reminded me of dead fish, It really is so ugly that it is beautiful!

By Eileen from Yorktown VA

Haha, I love Fishface and the story behind the name! Thanks for the smile!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh my goodness this kitten looks so much like my full grown part maine coon cat! Down to her half black face and brown toe!~Her name is Spice.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That kitten is a tortieshell and they are rare, they are 3 colors mostly brown or black. Calicos are 3 colors mostly white. In some countries, 3 colored cats are valued more than others. Some people believe that having 3 colors represents the Trinity, and so they are thought to bring good luck and hope. In Ireland, people who can't feed themselves feed these cats for that reason. My cat Ruthie is one of these. She saved my life twice. Once when a burglar broke in, she jumped on him when he jumped on me. This gave me a little time to run for help. Then once, when I was rushing out and left the stove on. Her cries made me come back and check.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a darling little Tortie. She will be a real treasure for someone. It is very kind of you to have fed their mom and now the kittens. Be sure to find a low cost spay neuter group and have Mom and the kittens spayed and neutered. They will be able to help you find a home for the kittens too. The kittens need to be only 2 pounds before they can be spayed. that is usually 3 months old. Dont wait too long. The girls can become pregnant at 6 months old. Then you will have the cat food bill from H**l. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes