Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I am looking for tips for fixing a squeaking leather shoe.

Jimmie from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Talc worked! (07/31/2006)

By Alisa

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I didn't have any vaseline, but I had some Nivea cream. I took the insert out of my shoe and applied the Nivea to it, and my shoes no longer squeak! (09/15/2006)

By mbro

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I recently purchased a pair of Keen's. Very comfortable, but both shoes squeaked relentlessly. I was going to donate them to Goodwill today, but figured I'd search Google. I applied a liberal amount of Vaseline to all inner leather surfaces. I also removed the insole (they aren't sewen in) and made sure to Vaseline any surfaces that might rub there as well. No more squeak! (10/13/2006)

By Matthew

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Thanks Kimberly for the Lip Balm suggestion. I work in a building with marble floors only. My Nunn Bush soles anounced my presence like a fanfare. I was at work and lip balm was the only thing available at the time. After letting set for a couple of minutes, it was all good!! (01/31/2007)

By CWill

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I took the insole out, lightly buttered it with hand cream and baby powder, put it back in and voila -- no squeak. Amazing. Now if I could only figure out how to stop my jeans from rubbing together at my thighs, I could really sneak up on someone. (02/14/2007)

By RH

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I just bought Clark shoes to accomodate my ankle-foot orthoses. I like the shoes and they're very comfortable. However, they squeaked mercilessly.
So, I removed the insole, spayed the inner heel area with WD-40, put the insole back, put on the shoes with the ankle-foot orthoses and I walked with them on my feet. Amazingly, the squeaks have disappeared. You made my day! (02/24/2007)

By Maurice Camire

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Powder under the insoles works great. Thanks for the excellent solution.

I was going to go back to the store and walk around squeaking until they replaced the shoes. The powder saved them and me. (03/23/2007)

By Harv

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

The only thing I have here at work is hand lotion. Then I looked at inner sole lining and saw that it is glued in (I have a pair of peep-toe stacked heal Steve Maddens) and didn't want to start ripping it out. I saw some suggestions to just rub it into the inside of the shoe and not under the sole lining, but I wear these with bare feet and didn't want to feel the slippery lotion inside, so I tried just rubbing my bare feet with lotion and now the squeak is gone! (04/27/2007)

By Cindy

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

The WD-40 worked great. Took out all insoles and sprayed bottom of insole and bottom of inside of shoe. Thank you!!! (05/06/2007)

By Perry

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

The squeak is caused by the insole rubbing on the shoe. Find the smooth surface of the insole that is rubbing, and take some sand paper and rough it up. Squeak will be gone. (12/12/2007)

By Randy

Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄