Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I bought a pair of high heels that squeak so badly I can never sneak up on anyone! Does anyone have a solution to squeaky shoes?

Casey from Plano, TX

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Loved the Monty Python reference, Glenn :) The only powder I had available at the time was loose face powder but I tried it and that worked like a charm! Now I can love my Bass Weejuns again. Thanks for the tips. (03/07/2008)

By Guest

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Rockport dress shoes with rubber soles were squeaking like mad. When they were off, I could make them squeak just by rubbing the tongue up against the bottom of the uppers. I used Kiwi shoe polish on the top of the tongues, let it dry for a couple minutes, then buffed it with a soft cloth. This worked beautifully. I imagine Vaseline, baby powder, WD40, or even roughing it up with sandpaper would have worked, too. (03/13/2008)

By Edward

Chap Stick to the Rescue

Chap Stick on the Lip did the trick! (04/07/2008)

By SqueakyShoes

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I bought red Karen Scott wedges few years ago, but just kept them in closet almost unworn, because they would squeak and people were turning heads, when I wore them once at the mall. This morning, I stumbled across them in my closet, while looking for something bright to wear and decided to see if they were still squeaking. Yep, they were!

Sitting at work, I googled squeaky shoes and went through all kind of suggestions. Fortunately, I had CARMEX Lip balm in my desk draw, so I applied small amount of it deep inside along the edges without ripping the inner sole off, and it worked! What a relief! But, remember to wipe off the inner soles afterward, otherwise you feet will slide inside. (04/23/2008)

By Mishka

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

The Vaseline trick REALLY works. My rubber soled, leather insole Hush Puppies were driving me crazy. I took the insoles out, rubbed Vaseline (petroleum jelly) along the edge, popped them back in, & viola! It works. Hurray. (05/02/2008)

By Nina

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I just want to thank everyone for the baby-powder tip! I can't believe it worked! I was freaking out, because I just bought these shoes for graduation on Saturday (I don't have time to take them back), and I could not enjoy graduation with squeaky shoes--though all my friends think I'm crazy for freaking out about it.

Thank you all so very much! (05/13/2008)

By Sara

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

Just wore a pair of open toed strap heals for the first time - horrible squeak. determined it was the straps rubbing on the shoe - applied some Melaleuca Sun Shades Lip Balm to both underside of strap and side of sole, and POOF! No Squeak! (05/21/2008)

By J Elaine

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I just bought a pair of Clark shoes yesterday. Very comfy, but today at the office they got squeakier and squeakier. All I had was some lip balm. Now I'm quite boy! Thank you all! I never would have thought of it! It worked! (05/28/2008)

By jay jay

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

I am so happy I found this site! I'm wearing a new pair of peep toe heels for the first time today and the left one squeaked like crazy (and that's not cute walking back and forth to the conference room!) I didn't have Vaseline or lip balm on me so I tried rubbing lotion on the inside of the shoe near the toe where the upper and sole meet, and viola! NO MORE SQUEAK! I'm so excited I'm running around sharing the good news with all the girls in the office! LOL

By BrooklynSue

Fix a Squeaky Shoe

In my case the offending shoe was a Cole Haan size 13. The right shoe would squeak around the heal area whenever I took a step. Turning the shoe upside down I noticed a slight gap where the heel meets the bottom. So I squirted some Crazy Glue in the crack and after a few minutes of setting the squeak was gone. Hope this helps. (06/19/2008)

By Robert

Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair