Fixing Fudge

How can I fix my fudge if I put in too much evaporated milk?

Rose from middleton, ID

Answers:

Fixing Fudge

If the problem is "too much" liquid, it will just take longer for it to reach the correct temperature. Just keep stirring so it doesn't scorch on the bottom.

(12/28/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Fixing Fudge

I've done this myself on occasion. Just add some more confectioner sugar to it and stir until it thickens. (12/29/2006)

By sjackie2000

Fixing Fudge

Add the other ingredients called for until it looks like it should. Good luck. (12/30/2006)

By Tina

Fixing Fudge

I also recently made fudge (actually pralines, same thing only plopped individually) and it came out grainy and soft. I just took all of them, tossed them back into the pan, slowly melted them and re-boiled them back to temperature. When they came out this time, they were not grainy and they set hard. Grainy fudge is the result of the sugar not completely dissolving (not boiling long enough to the right temperature) or re-crystallizing too early (from crystals forming on the sides then starting a chain reaction, or from agitating the mixture or introducing some foreign substance during cooling).

Grease the sides of the pan before you start and be careful during cooling. (12/17/2007)

By Vicky

Fixing Fudge

Triple rest of ingredients and it should work out OK. Otherwise, looks like it should be tossed. Take all extras and give out to co-workers and neighbors. They will love you for it. (11/27/2009)

By that penguin

Fixing Fudge
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄