Fixing Hair Color

Category Coloring
Woman Fixing Hair Color
It is common to dye your hair only to find that the result is not at all what you had expected. This is a guide about fixing hair color.

I bought a different brand of hair dye and apparently they put the wrong color in the wrong box because the color came out a completely different shade. I wanted a soft golden brown and what I got was blackish purple! I tried to tone it down with another color, but what I got was a very dark brown with a very bright red tint. I like to have natural looking hair and this is anything but natural.

Other than cheap and stripping shampoos, is there anything I can do without ruining my hair? I normally use a shade very close to my natural color so I can go long periods of time before having to dye it again. I have dyed my hair twice in the last week and I am getting very nervous. I really don't want to have to wait for this to grow out. Help?

By Rene'

See a professional, take the boxes with you, if you still have them. If you keep going, it will be green or broken off all over!

There is a product you can buy maybe at a sally's store that takes the color out. I had it done at a salon and it was pretty expensive. I have seen the product on line too, just can't remember the name.

My mom's hair is dark brown with grays. Two months ago I dyed her hair chocolate brown. I used hazelnut 7.3 for the roots and very light blonde 9.0 for the rest of her hair from Koleston and I got the color perfect. Though, my mom wished if she could have had a darker tone of that chocolate brown.
Last night I dyed my mom's hair with following with the aim of getting a darker chocolate brown; gray blonde 7.1 for roots and light blonde 8.0 for rest of her hair, I got the rest of the hair fine, but unfortunately I got greenish light brown roots. So which color should I apply for roots to fix it to match the chocolate brown of the rest of her hair?

Answers

I have not tried this, but I read that massaging ketchup into the roots and letting it sit 30 minutes will cancel out the green. Good luck.

My hair was bleached blonde. I tried to dye it medium blonde, but it turned gray. What do I do? Please help. LOL

By Sherry C.