So to fix it I took two half pints at a time and added 1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water and heated the whole thing on the stove in a pan, on low heat to boiling. When it was boiling for about 2 minutes (not any longer than 2 minutes), I took it and put it back into sterilized jars and sealed the lids back on and processed in the hot water bath. So what I have got now is a delicious "grape butter" the consistency of apple butter. I read that once something is cooked too hard it cannot be fixed. By taking a chance, I found out that it could be fixed and I didn't have to throw out my jellies.
No feedback yet. Click here to post feedback.
Add your voice to the conversation.