Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce

Is there a way to remedy too much oregano/Italian seasoning in an already cooked spaghetti sauce or meatloaf? I don't know why I do it, but I do.

I added sugar to my spaghetti and it seemed to tone down the Italian spice a bit. For the meatloaf, I made gravy that (luckily) toned down the Italian spice taste somewhat.

Is there any other fix or remedy to absorb the overly spicy flavor, other than not being so heavy-handed with the spice bottle?

luvvy from VA

Answers:

Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce

For the spaghetti you can add a can of tomatoes or a can of tomato sauce to help tame the spices. If it makes too much, just freeze the excess and then you will only have to thaw and heat the next time you want spaghetti. I don't know about the meatloaf. Good Luck. (10/28/2007)

By Barbara

Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce

For the meat loaf, you might crumble it and add tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce. If it's too much for a meal, just freeze the rest for later. (10/29/2007)

By suzin

Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce

Try putting in a half cup of Italian grated cheese or a dash of vinegar. In my sauce, I use baking soda and sugar, never do I use oregano for spaghetti sauce. Or you can cook up some country style pork ribs and let them simmer in the sauce. Pork really makes your sauce. (10/29/2007)

By Tina

Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce

Just add some of the base ingredient in the sauce, in this case plain tomatoes, diced, or tomato sauce. (10/29/2007)

By kimhis

Pan of spaghetti sauce with jar of chili sauce and tomatoes in front
Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
🎉
🎄