Fixing Runny Fudge

For the first time I made Jack Daniels fudge yesterday. It has been in the fridge for 24 hours and not set.
When the mixture was in the pan it got to the boiling point and was hot enough, so I put marshmallows in.

Can you give any advice on what I can do with this mixture? It had hardened on top, but is gooey underneath.

By Lucy

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

At Christmas I make Bourbon Balls and I'll tell you,the alcohol in it is the problem. It will practically melt the Chocolate when you're dipping them. I'm sure the problem has been solved by now but next time, whip up a dark chocolate cake mix and frost it with the fudge - similar to a Milky Way Cake.

Serve over ice cream?

Try making a Jack Daniels cake or cupcakes. Make a white cake (mix or from scratch), and stir the fudge in after making the batter. Bake at a 25 degrees lower temperature, and probably a few minutes longer than the cake recipe says, as the extra sugar may scorch at the higher temperature.

You can also try JDsicles. Mold the fudge into balls, put in a popsicle stick in each, freeze and then eat like a popsicle when frozen. Hope this helps.

Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJanuary 15, 2015
Runny Jam
Fixing Runny Jam
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Remedies for a Runny Nose
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:10:09 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.