Fixing Scratches on CDs

How can you fix a scratch on a CD?

Judy from Traverse

Answers:

Fixing Scratches on CDs

Starting from inside of the CD working on outwards in a straight line (no circles) you de-scratch it by using a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. When you are done it is really clean and the scratches are gone. Now I have never done this, but I saved this info for when I have need of it. (08/04/2006)

By Joan

Fixing Scratches on CDs

I once fixed a lightly scratched CD using a dollop of cleaner for ceramic ranges, carefully applying it with a soft microfiber cloth from the inside center towards the outside edge, gently polishing in straight lines (no circling with the cloth) and wiping the cleaner off again.
This might only work for lighter scratches, since I don't think you can do anything about deeper scratches (08/05/2006)

By Marta Jane

Fixing Scratches on CDs

Also try furniture polish! (08/12/2006)

By Erica

Fixing Scratches on CDs

If you wish to fix a CD scratch the easiest and most effective way is to get clothes washing detergent and dilute it with water. Soak a paper towel in this solution and rub the CD from the center to the edge. You will cause more damage if you try to rub the CD in a circle motion. (09/11/2008)

By rayneman8390