Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner

Category Tanning
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Sunless tanning lotions can sometimes leave streaks on your skin, not the result you had hoped for. This is a guide about fixing streaks from sunless tanner.

Well, its sunless tanning time, if you are as white as a fluorescent lightbulb, like me. I seem to always get streaks, mainly because I get the cheapest sunless tanning lotion on the market. But I heard a great beauty tip that really works. If your "tan" dries and you see streaks, just cut a lemon in half and rub the cut side over the streak until it blends.

I've been using self tanners for years and hadn't heard this tip, thanks :)

One thing I've found out with tanners; before applying the tanners, exfoliate your skin with a good scrub paste. Excess dead skin cells can cause splotching and streaking.

I never thought this would have worked! I used some sunless tanning lotion and I am pretty good at using it usually but last night I put it on and woke up this morning with dark patches and a splotch that looked like a water stain on my arm (I was tired). I didn't have the time or materials for other suggestions on the internet.

Then I came across your lemon juice article and tried it. All I had was lemon juice concentrate and a paper towel, but it worked!! It didn't completely fix the but it faded most of it. Thank you so much, you saved the day!

Thank you! The lemon concentrate was all I had too but it took out most of the streaks!

I got a spray tan for the first time yesterday. They provided me with some special lotion to remove streaks if there were any, but I forgot it there. My hands and feet were pretty bad once the tan set. I soaked them both in the lemon, and then gave them a good scrub with the extra juice. It worked pretty well. I was dreading being all blotchy for new years, ha ha.