Fleas on a Kitten

What can I use to get rid of fleas on a 7 week old kitten?

Yuki from Stockton, CA

Answers:

Fleas on a Kitten

We have a house load of animals, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 rabbits, and fish. To keep our outside and inside dog and cat flea free we feed them garlic. Either chopped up garlic from a jar or garlic powder (not salt) seems to work well. Just mix it in to their food once a week, about 1 teaspoon full, or in their water. So far, three years here, no fleas (do not give to the bunnies or the fish LOL ;)..) (09/18/2006)

By mommajojo

Fleas on a Kitten

You could sprinkle baking soda on the kitten and gently rub it in. The baking soda cracks the skeleton of the flea (exoskeleton) and dries them out. This is also good to get them out of carpet. (09/19/2006)

By JMRoss

Fleas on a Kitten

I have worked for a veterinarian for 27 years. The advice I can give you is to give your fur-baby a warm bath with tear free baby shampoo. Please comb all the fleas off him/her. Fleas can kill (by sucking blood out)of your kitten. Please call your veterinarian and purchase some Advantage for cats under 9lbs. The Advantage will keep the fleas off your kitten for almost 1 month per application. Your kitten is due for it's first exam and vaccine anyway.

Have a great time with your new baby.

(09/19/2006)

By Sherri

Fleas on a Kitten

I have read in many places to NEVER use garlic for cats. I don't know the reason why, just have read it on many sites.

I have found Nature's Guardian by Sargeants great! It is all natural and not too expensive. It is safe to use on kittens. I used it on a stray that showed up at our house and was full of fleas. After bathing her I applied it and it worked great.
Good luck!
(09/22/2006)

By hvnlyhills

Fleas on a Kitten
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Black and White Kitten
Adopting a Kitten
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄