Folding Plastic Grocery Bags
Storing plastic grocery bags for reuse can be a challenge. They seem to require a better solution than stuffing them in another grocery bag. This is a guide about folding plastic grocery bags
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 2 Comments
Did you ever make paper napkin footballs when you were a kid? Well that childhood activity has a fabulous adulthood use too. Folding your plastic grocery bags using the football fold will reduce the space you need to store them. Plus it also makes them small enough to have a few on hand in your purse or diaper bag.
- Lay the shopping bag flat and smooth it out.
- Fold the bag in half, lengthwise.
- Fold the bag in half again. Smooth it out.
- Start at the bottom of the bag, fold the lower left corner over towards the right side, creating a triangle shape. NOTE: By starting at the bottom of the bag, you will push out any air that is in the bag.
- Now fold the triangle upward, staying on the right side.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Next fold the triangle over to the left side.
- Repeat until you reach the handle end of the bag.
- Tuck the handle end into the little pocket that was created.
- I previously knotted our plastic bags, as you can see the football fold makes them much smaller!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 5:18:52 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us