Food Coloring Stain on Clothing

How do I get red food coloring out of a pink shirt?

Jan from TN

Food Coloring Stain on Clothing

I am a preschool teacher and I was dying macaroni for a project we will be doing, and splashed neon purple and pink all over my cream colored jacket. I panicked, but managed to get it out by soaking it in warm water with liquid Tide and white distilled vinegar. Let it soak and then after 20 minutes, pour some more vinegar directly on it, and rub it with either your fingers or a scrub brush. Amazingly enough, it all came out. (03/03/2008)

By Erin

Food Coloring Stain on Clothing

I used this method on my son's car seat, the seat cushions in my car and his clothing and the vinegar works great on green and blue food coloring, not so great on purple. (06/16/2008)

By Nicole

Food Coloring Stain on Clothing

I used diluted bleach in warm water on red colouring on a white cotton top and it has worked although it was only a few drops. (09/03/2008)

By Sarah

Smiling little boy with red ice pop and red coloring all around his mouth, dripping down his next and onto his white shirt
Cleaning Food Coloring Stains on Clothing
A person coloring their hair.
Saving Money on Coloring Your Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books