Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

Why buy packaging boxes for money? Instead of throwing away packaging boxes (such as cereal boxes, cake boxes or any box that is clean on inside), I save them for use in gift wrapping any items that need boxes. I normally decoupage on top to make it special or wrap in newspaper and ribbon. But as an idea, why not let the children collage on top then use the box for great personalized packaging for $0.

By Caeridwen from Kent OH

Answers:

Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

We use them also but we take them apart at the seams and turn inside out for the plain brown side. You can then refold them and glue them as they were using the folds already there. You can still decorate as you want. Thanks for sharing. (11/05/2009)

By latrtatr

Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

I've been doing this for years. I use jello boxes for tiny items, of course cereal boxes. Also bath soap boxes. I also use the laundry detergent boxes which are very sturdy and have a handle. I just wrap them in wrapping paper and it's an instant gift bag and reusable for storage. (11/05/2009)

By Honey's mom

Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

I thought every body did this! Look how many people you've enlightened! It's a great green way to go, too. (11/03/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

I cut up cereal boxes and use them to drain grease when frying food. (11/03/2010)

By TXBetty

Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

I am so in love with this idea! Thanks for posting, and I am going to personalize them for each child! I love this so much you and inspired me on to new heights!
Blessings,

(11/03/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas, Decorated flower pot as gift container.
Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄