Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

I need help with a problem with my feet. I am not sure what is wrong with them, but my feet itch really bad and burn. My toes are red as well as in between them. I hope someone has a homemade helpful hint.

Thanks,
Starla from Ohio

Answers:

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

Hi there, sorry to hear about your problem. I am no doctor but it sounds to me like you have Athlete's Foot, which is a fungal infection. You need to see your doctor or chemist (pharmacist) for cream to treat it, and do it soon...it only gets worse! Don't worry, cause it's a very common problem. (04/25/2004)

By Skye

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

Oops forgot to say, bicarbonate of soda in basin of tepid water to soak your feet in helps a lot. (04/25/2004)

By Skye

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

It's always best to call your doctor and describe the symptoms, just in case. Because this can be spread to other family members, clean bathroom surfaces well.

A home remedy for this is soaking feet in 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water. This would probably be a good mixture to clean surfaces also. The baking soda suggestion would probably work also either would upset the pH of the fungus. (04/26/2004)

By Susan

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

Sounds like a fungal problem. Try putting Tea Tree Oil on them right after your bath or shower. Rub it wherever there is red and leave your feet out in the open until they are very dry before putting on foot wear. Keep your feet out in the air and sun as much as possible. If it is a fungal thing, you should be able to see signs of improvement after 2 - 3 applications. If it is a fungal thing, keep applying oil until it is completely gone.

Rene (04/26/2004)

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

This sounds like a problem with a fungal condition commonly called athlete's foot. You might try tea leaf oil as it's supposed to have anti-fungal properties. (04/26/2004)

By Nancy

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

I would also be concerned that if you are diabetic you may need to consult your Dr. for it could be much more serious. My mother-in-law currently suffers from similar symptoms and even goes into numbness and hers is a result of her diabetes. Better to be safe than sorry. (04/26/2004)

By Tawnda

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

Thanks everyone. (04/27/2004)

By starla.

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

I had a similar problem during my first pregnancy. The symptoms were because of a condition called cholestasis (spelling?). It's a liver malfunction. Within a month my ankles, legs and hands began to swell very badly also. It can be fatal if left untreated. You should talk to your doctor just in case. (04/28/2004)

By lisalisacrandon

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn

This may sound strange but it has helped me a lot. I used to wear high heels every day for work, was on my feet all day (9-12 hrs per day) and when I got home my feet were hot burning and itching so bad I couldn't sleep. I tried everything until finally I soaked them in Listerine. It worked. Hope it helps you too. (10/06/2004)

By eve

Foot Problem: Feet Itch and Burn
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎉
🎄