Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I accidentally dropped a glass bottle of liquid foundation makeup, the bottle broke and makeup splattered on my pants in various areas. The color is beige and fabric is cotton. How can I remove these stains?

Pearl from Florida

Answers:

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Thanks, jokestersn, for the shaving cream advice (now almost two and a half years ago!). This morning I was agonizing over my many work blouses that have gotten just a drip of foundation on them....most DIY advice suggests dry cleaning solvent or bleach, and could do significant damage to the fabric. Shaving cream works like a charm. I am delighted! (06/04/2007)

By Ainsley

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I spilled a large amount of liquid foundation on a pair of white cotton pants. I thought I would have to throw them out. A friend suggested I use peroxide mixed with liquid detergent. I did and not a mark remains. I just soaked a corner of a washcloth in peroxide and dipped it into a little liquid detergent and rubbed the spot. It took only moments to remove it. (08/14/2007)

By Penny Newman

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I used a product called "Oops", which got a foundation stain/spill out of a formal dress. (03/15/2008)

By Steph

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I've found that if you apply rubbing alcohol and bleach heavily to the spot and scrub with a toothbrush, then rinse with cold water, the spot is bound to disappear. Works best on light or white colored clothes (05/13/2008)

By Tonya

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

The newer stain removers will take out makeup stains - I use shout wipes to carry around - and then treat again before you wash. It may take several applications. (07/03/2008)

By pamphyila

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Whoever thought of the shaving cream is genius! :) (07/03/2008)

By elze

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I used Dawn Complete dishwashing detergent and scrubbed it directly on the liquid foundation spots on my white cotton pant with a toothbrush. The dishwashing detergent worked much, much better than bleach. Bleach did not help at all. (07/12/2008)

By Elaine

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Really whoever thought of the shaving cream and rubbing alcohol idea is genius. I had a liquid foundation stain that was already dry and it came off with the shaving cream and alcohol. It needed some work though, had to press scrub it pretty hard, and had to use my thumbs, but nothing else would take that stain off at all. (08/11/2008)

By lilyyy

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Use vinegar, it works on everything. Good luck. (08/27/2008)

By sam

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

(submitted via email)

Someone said to use shaving cream and alcohol. I had a big liquid foundation stain on my favorite white cotton shorts, bleaching them didn't even work so I tried the shaving cream idea. Just work in with fingers then use tooth brush to really work it out. It took a few minutes, I was amazed! Try it.

Danielle (11/12/2008)

By jess

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I had gotten dark liquid foundation on my brother's white t-shirt that he had lent me for the day - I didn't want to buy him a new one, so I tried shaving cream and was amazed! It worked really well, I just wet the stain and worked it in with a toothbrush, then put Vanish Pre-Wash stick on it for the last faint marks and that also worked a treat! Try it. (11/15/2008)

By May

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Shaving cream is amazing. Try it! (11/20/2008)

By stephanie

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Thanks very much for the shaving cream idea for removing foundation. I got foundation on my friend's white shirt she let me borrow and I washed it 100 times seems like, and treated and used alcohol nothing worked. Saw the idea about shaving cream and I was totally impressed. Thanks so much! (12/03/2008)

By ROBYN

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Totally fantastic. Love the shaving cream advice. Worked a wonder. Thank so much! (12/03/2008)

By Kate

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

My friend and I were mucking about with foundation at a sleepover and my friend noticed I had a big lob of liquid foundation on my new pajamas. I knew I had to do something so we checked the yahoo website and found out that shampoo was great and so was shaving foam/cream. So we used the shampoo on one part and shaving foam on another and they both worked like a charm. Hairspray does not work so we advise you not to even bother. It worked better dry, but if you want to wet it use cold water only. (01/31/2009)

By Jemma

Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

Fantastic! I was about to throw away a shirt after endless products. Read this article about shaving foam and felt nothing to loose. It worked a treat. Have to say I used a scoring pad too but it was definitely the shaving foam that got the stain out. (02/24/2009)

By Sam

Puddles of liquid foundation makeup on a white background.  One is shaped like a heart.
Cleaning Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Liquid Makeup
Removing Liquid Makeup Stains
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
🎉
🎄