Free Coffee Grounds for Your Garden at Starbucks

Starbucks gives away bags of used coffee grounds free for the asking. Dump some on the ground of roses and other acid-loving plants and water. The coffee breaks down and feeds the plants and my roses have never been more beautiful or prolific.

By Linda

For more information visit:
http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/compost.asp

Answers:

We do love Starbucks! For those of us that garden organically, this type of corporate gift, is the best ever. It's black gold. My roses, hibiscus, hydrangeas and camellias have never looked better. A little espresso in the AM and some grounds to mix in when I get home has made me a better gardener. And the more better gardeners we have the better, 'cause we sure do need more gardeners in the world! Wahoo! (06/13/2004)

By Jaide

Is there a proper time of year to put the coffee grounds around the plants? Is now okay? (01/04/2005)

By Tamara

I put mine out any time of year. I don't know if it is snowing now where you live but I've added them to my garden year round and haven't had any problem with it.
(01/04/2005)

Susan from ThriftyFun

ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
starbucks sign
Saving Money at Starbucks
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
🎄
🍂