Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Free Educational Materials

There are free educational materials available whether you are homeschooling or just trying to enrich your child's learning experiences. This is a guide about free educational materials.

April 13, 2007 Flag

My first grader has this great reading site that he is able to go to for extra practice with reading. They have a bunch of online games and activities. They also have some downloadable pages for writing practice. I print one letter each day for my 4 year old. He loves to fill it out and color the pictures. Here is a photo of him working on "The Letter Of The Day". I recommend this website for anyone with a preschooler or beginning reader. It's fun and free.

Jess in Portland, OR

Link: http://www.starfall.com

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for sharing this. My dd is in kindergarten and has been learning to read all year. She loves to read. Now I have a site other than nickjr to guide her to.

July 14, 2011 Flag

Whether you are a teacher, homeschooler, or interested parent, you can find lots of interesting free educational materials from the internet. My husband, the teacher, just received a whole box of materials from the National Institute for Mental Health - including stickers, workbooks, and posters. You can also find free/cheap magazine subscriptions to get your kid reading. (Sports Illustrated Jr.?) I have found most of these via this freebie website:

You can also go to:

There is even a freebies for teachers site out there on the net.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2012 Flag

We homeschool and I am always looking for sources of free educational material. However, you don't have to be a homeschooling family to do this, just a family or individual who likes to learn!

Our state conservation department has educational materials that are perfect for children, preschoolers, and seniors. And, the best part is, they are free. They have information in both print form and online to help with tree and leaf identification, all about the fish in our state, mushroom hunting, hunting safety, soil conservation, birds of our state, and more. They also have a free monthly magazine, full of colorful photos and wonderful articles that tell all about our great state. I think that if you check with your state department of conservation, you will probably find the same things!

By April from NW, MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2011 Flag

I have found some excellent sites for parents to get the worksheets that they need or want, and most of them are free to print.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 21, 2010 Flag

I am a new college student at Bay college in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I am a single mother trying to obtain my LPN. I have no income. Are there any charities or organizations that can help obtaining nursing books for free? Any help is appreciated.

By dragonwings

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would see if any of your texts are available as ebooks, so you can just download them, much cheaper. You can, of course, buy last year's texts from your student book store or privately from upper class students. I used to sell off my books to make extra $ myself.

preschooler painting
Educational Activities for Preschoolers
EducationJune 12, 2013
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Homemade Educational Games
Homemade Educational Games for Toddlers
A mother playing a game with a toddler.
Game Ideas for Toddlers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 7:15:58 PM on 10.0.2.148 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.