Free Educational Materials

There are free educational materials available whether you are homeschooling or just trying to enrich your child's learning experiences. This is a guide about free educational materials.

April 13, 2007 Flag

My first grader has this great reading site that he is able to go to for extra practice with reading. They have a bunch of online games and activities. They also have some downloadable pages for writing practice. I print one letter each day for my 4 year old. He loves to fill it out and color the pictures. Here is a photo of him working on "The Letter Of The Day". I recommend this website for anyone with a preschooler or beginning reader. It's fun and free.

Jess in Portland, OR

Link: http://www.starfall.com

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for sharing this. My dd is in kindergarten and has been learning to read all year. She loves to read. Now I have a site other than nickjr to guide her to.

September 15, 2011 Flag

I am back to school (work) and trying, not only to get the children I work with back on track, but my own grandchildren as well. Some of the kids seem to lose a lot over the summer. We just have to take the time and reel them back in. Some of the methods I mentioned in another post can help you with your child's education on a frugal front.

They have some excellent worksheets at the Dollar Tree. I suggest that you get together with other school age mothers to offset the fees of copying the sheets for multiple use. You can also ask the teacher if they could send home extra copies. I have found some excellent sites for parents to get the worksheets that they need or want, and most of them are free to print. You can also make your own worksheets (I will show you that in another post). Here is a list of some the sites I use. I hope they will be beneficial for you to use.

I use these sites at least 75% of time to help the students that I work with. I hope some of these sites serve you well.

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

Editor's Note: Here is Georgetta's recent essay that she mentions at the beginning of the post.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Another really good site for math is: mathworksheetsland.com

July 14, 2011 Flag

Whether you are a teacher, homeschooler, or interested parent, you can find lots of interesting free educational materials from the internet. My husband, the teacher, just received a whole box of materials from the National Institute for Mental Health - including stickers, workbooks, and posters. You can also find free/cheap magazine subscriptions to get your kid reading. (Sports Illustrated Jr.?) I have found most of these via this freebie website:

You can also go to:

There is even a freebies for teachers site out there on the net.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2012 Flag

Cover of Missouri Conservationist magazine.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We homeschool and I am always looking for sources of free educational material. However, you don't have to be a homeschooling family to do this, just a family or individual who likes to learn!

December 21, 2010 Flag

I am a new college student at Bay college in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I am a single mother trying to obtain my LPN. I have no income. Are there any charities or organizations that can help obtaining nursing books for free? Any help is appreciated.

By dragonwings

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would see if any of your texts are available as ebooks, so you can just download them, much cheaper. You can, of course, buy last year's texts from your student book store or privately from upper class students. I used to sell off my books to make extra $ myself.

preschooler painting
Educational Activities for Preschoolers
EducationJune 12, 2013
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Homemade Educational Games
Homemade Educational Games for Toddlers
A mother playing a game with a toddler.
Game Ideas for Toddlers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 5:55:06 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.