Free IRS Tax Filing Program

The Free File program is a free (U.S.) federal tax preparation and electronic filing program for eligible taxpayers developed through a partnership between the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Free File Alliance LLC, a group of private sector tax software companies.

Since Free File's debut in 2003, more than 15.4 million returns have been prepared and e-filed through the program. Free File allows taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $52,000 or less in 2006 to e-file their federal tax returns for free. That means 70 percent of all taxpayers - 95 million taxpayers can take advantage of the Free File program.

Free File Home - Your Link to Free Federal Online Filing

Answers:

Free File Program through the IRS

Thanks loads for this tip. I did not know any such thing existed, and I was dreading either having to pay a CPA or buy an expensive computer program in order to file my taxes this year. Have a lovely day and God bless you! (02/07/2007)

By tedsmom

Free File Program through the IRS

I have been using taxact.com for the last 3 years. It is so easy to use. They ask you straight forward questions and have help links that actually explain and help you. This year I paid them 12.95 and filed my state taxes through them also but the federal was still free. My state refund was mailed less than 1 week from me submitting my tax return. The federal refund is scheduled to be mailed 3 weeks after. Best of luck to you all. (02/07/2007)

By dpcw

Free File Program through the IRS

This is the second year I have used this way to do our federal taxes. I found it to be easy and far less time consuming and it is free! And in less than ten days, my refund is direct deposited into our checking account. (02/09/2007)

By maggiemay

Fist Full of Dollars
Filing Taxes
Gifted Money
Paying Taxes on Gifted Money
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
IRS Audit
Dealing With an IRS Audit
A happy nurse giving two thumbs up.
Nurse Themed Party Ideas
🎄