Free Yarn for Charity Projects

I am a 15 year old girl from New Hampshire. My great grandmother taught me how to crochet a while ago. I decided to get started on it again and use the skill to give back to others. Since I am 15 I do not have much money, and I haven't been able to find a job, I have very limited supplies. Does anyone know where I would be able to get free supplies so I can continue making scarves, blankets, etc. for people in need? Thank you for reading.

By Gabriella

Many times in your area you may have what is called Freecyle a place to ask for items you may need or to give away. I would start there. However, start on the web,or in yahoo groups, you may find something there.

There is an organization called Threads of Love whose members supply local hospitals with premature baby gowns, blankets, etc. Some people donate yarn, fabric etc in lieu of sewing, knitting, or crocheting. Check the website: www.threadsoflove.org to find out if there is a local chapter in your hometown. Someone from that group may be willing supply you with yarn to crochet for the babies...