Freecycle

For the past year I have discovered the greatest thing! It's called Freecycle. To sign up you go to yahoo groups and type in Freecycle + your city. It will sign you up with an email group where you can get free stuff. This keeps stuff from piling up in the landfill, and recycles, so it's great for the environment. Plus it goes along with the theory that one man's junk is another man's treasure. I have received all kinds of useful things including crib sheets, knife sets, pans, etc. and given things from my garden, kiddie pools, etc. You can also sign up on freecycle.com. Enjoy!

By thriftymomof2 from MD

Editor's Note: Please do not post your Freecycle ads here. You should go directly to Freecycle and post them there so the appropriate people will see them. We would love to hear feedback about how Freecycle has worked for you, good or bad.

Answers:

Freecycle - A way to recycle goods in your local area

Great place to get neat stuff. Great way to meet people as well. Just be careful, because you'll get a lot of emails!! (08/15/2007)

By Ron Nasty

Ok, go to www.freecycle.org, type in your zip code. it will bring up a group in your city/county, if there is none, you can request to create one. this is not a freecycle group, somebody just mentioned it because its in the area of budgeting and saving money. The freecycle groups DO have a set of rules, most go off of "not posting a wanted more then once ever 1-2 weeks", just basic rules. But go to www.freecycle.org to find the group in your area if it has one, ALSO you may have to wait a couple days, to a couple weeks, the moderators are REAL people and have lives of their own so many not check emails in time. Also, the question you get asked "how did you hear about the group" isn't a trick question, its just to know how you heard about them, plain and simple. (09/06/2007)

By Candreya

I'd like to clarify that the goal of Freecycle is not to get free stuff. The goal is to keep things out of the landfill -- and these items are gifted.

I know it sounds the same as getting free stuff, but Freecycle is just one component of the greater solution to recycling, conservation, etc.

(Freecycle member 3 years) (12/18/2007)

By Laura

I heard about your site and really liked it. I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing, and i hope that you consider me to be a part of it. Thank you. (03/11/2008)

By Ginny

UGH! Freecycle, in the extensive time it took me to sign up and get "approved", I had cleared out my entire garage using Craigslist's "Free Stuff" category. Interested parties came and picked up my reusables. The very same day, I tried to unsubscribe from Freecycle. 4 weeks later I still can't get off their spam-ike email list! Craigslist is easier and faster. (06/12/2008)

By Lainie in Fresno

Freecycle is a helpful site, and I like the idea, but it's so annoying that you have to sign up through Yahoo's junk. Freuse.com is a new one. It's looks a lot better, hopefully it will catch on. (09/16/2008)

This site is very sad; there are more people out there that need stuff and no one in their area is willing to help. What ever happened to helping people in need. The bad thing about this site is, you see people that need things but not stuff that offered in your area! (02/23/2009)

By sonja

Unsubscribing from Freecycle. Using Freecycle. Vintage furniture and TV.
Using Freecycle
Guide
Unsubscribing from Freecycle
🎉
🎄