Freeze Extra Buttermilk

I bought some low-fat buttermilk on sale and it doesn't taste like buttermilk. It has almost no taste. I bought it for drinking, but since I don't like the taste, can I freeze it for later cooking? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Pat

Answers:

Freeze Extra Buttermilk

You can freeze buttermilk, to use in soups, pasta, and baking. I freeze fresh milk, fresh cream, and buttermilk. It's not the same as fresh, but it doesn't get wasted. (03/14/2010)

By Dorty

Freeze Extra Buttermilk

You most certainly can :-) Just be sure to thaw in the refrigerator and shake before using.

I can't stand the taste of anything low fat so I am simply careful how much of full fat products I eat each day. It's just not worth spending money on items that taste like water, pulp or cardboard ;-)
(03/15/2010)

By Deeli

Freeze Extra Buttermilk
Buttermilk in a metal cup.
Homemade Buttermilk Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
Buttermilk Chicken
Buttermilk Chicken Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Buttermilk Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄