Freeze Leftover Sauce In An Ice Cube Tray

I rarely use all of a jar of pizza sauce, a can of tomato sauce or a can of tomato paste and they seem to spoil so quickly. What I do is empty the contents into an old ice cube tray. Make sure it's one you don't plan on using anymore, because it may stain. Then when the cubes are frozen, you pop them out and put them into a zippered bag. Each cube is approximately 2 TBSP. Of course it will depend on your cube size. But measure them out to 2 TBSP per cube and if you need 1/4 cup of whatever you have frozen, just grab 4 of them. They thaw fairly quickly because they are so small.

By Andrea from MI

Answers:

Freezing Leftover Sauce

When I make homemade pizza I put the leftover tomato sauce into ice cube trays and then when frozen put into snack size baggies in the freezer - I don't waste the sauce and I always have some on hand. It melts quickly in the microwave.

By Mary (12/10/2004)

By ThriftyFun

wow that's so clever, i tried it the other day it really good :)
(01/14/2005)

By

This works great with leftover juice too. When I buy juice to make mixed drinks, I put the remaining juice in ice cube trays and freeze it. In the future, you can add the "juice cube" to your drink to cool it off while adding flavor. (09/11/2007)

By Valerie

Freeze Leftover Sauce in an Ice Cube Tray
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Ice Cube Tray
Cleaning Odors From Ice Cube Trays
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎄
🍂