Freezing Blueberries

How do I freeze blueberries?

By marlboro from Bear, DE

Answers:

Freezing Blueberries

I follow the same recipe as the listed archive tip: rinse, drain, and freeze. (07/07/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Freezing Blueberries

It is best to lay them out flat on a tray to freeze, then put the frozen berries in zip bags, or storage boxes in the freezer. If you just put them in the freezer, you will end up with a frozen lump. (07/09/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Freezing Blueberries

I put them in ziplock freezer bags, it works fine. A quick tip, when I put them in the baggies I put 2 cups in each bag, that way whatever the recipe calls for I know there is exactly 2 cups in each bag. (07/09/2009)

By PICO

Freezing Blueberries

I would not wash the berries before I froze them. I would do it when I took them out of the freezer. If you freeze them dry, you will not have a solid lump, but will have individual berries that are easy to handle. Just put the frozen berries in a sieve and give them a rinse under the tap.

You do not have to do anything with the berries except make sure there are no stems and leaves. If you have purchased them, they should be clean. If you pick them yourself, you will have to clean them - but no washing. I freeze them either in containers or in bags. Often I freeze them dry in an ice cream pail, and leave them in that, taking out what I need. (07/14/2009)

By louel53

Freezing Blueberries
Blueberries in a lidded container
Storing Blueberries
Blueberries in a berry basket.
Selecting Good Blueberries
Blueberries growing on a bush.
Growing Blueberries
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎄