Freezing Corn on the Cob

What do I do to corn to ready it for freezing, on the cob?

By Linda from Mesa, AZ

Answers:

Freezing Corn on the Cob

Yahoo groups has a freezing food group which is run by experts; they can answer all questions re freezing and give solid advice; I believe it is called frozen assets; I simply freeze the corn; husk and all; tastes superb! (09/05/2010)

By MzScarlett

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I live alone and do not eat more than one ear of corn at a sitting. When I buy it, I clean/shuck it all and put in plastic freezer bag. Wen I want one for a meal, I take one out, wrap it in a paper towel, and put in microwave for 4 min. When done, butter it, eat. (09/08/2010)

By knitter926

Freezing Corn on the Cob

Corn of cob, if blanched has a watery tasting cob. Leave shuck on it and freeze, OR shuck and remove silk and freeze whole in freezer zip lock bags. This the next thing to fresh. Can be cooked either in water or in microwave from frozen state. When cleaning the corn Do not run any water over the corn. (09/09/2010)

By mgw10146

Freezing Corn on the Cob

Freezing corn on the cob is quick and simple. No blanching, no shucking, just put it in your freezer as is. The shuck itself protects and preserves the taste and the nutrients as it is natures own "ziplock baggie! On the farm we took it straight from the field to the freezer stacking it alternating end and top to conserve space. (09/09/2010)

By flaloulou1

Freezing Corn
Freezing Corn
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
🎉
🎄