Freezing Corn on the Cob

What is the best and easiest way to freeze corn-on-the-cob?

By Linda K.

You can google the topic, or in the morning call your Home Extension Agent for your area. I think you will find them in the phone book under your county or a neighboring county.

It's easy. Peal away the leaves and the silk. Cut off the stalk end and the narrow end, just where the mature kernels start. I'm not a big fan of blanching veggies in general, but for this you can. Just about 2 minutes or so. Cool the cobs in an ice bath and store in freezer bags and freeze.

I was told by an old farmers wife to just cut off the stalk and leave in the husk and freeze. Was very good and so easy.

Don't know if it is bad, but I just shuck them. I put in freezer bags and freeze. They seem to be fine when I use them later.