Freezing Corn on the Cob

Is it OK to freeze corn on the cob without blanching the cobs?

By TerriSebring from Conway, SC

Answers:

Freezing Corn on the Cob

You can freeze corn with no preparation if you leave the husks on. (07/02/2009)

By Fortunately

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I take the husks off the corn, trim ends if needed and either wrap individually in foil or put several pieces in a plastic freezer bag. When I am ready to eat some (I live alone so use one at a time), I unwrap the foil or take one out of the bag, wrap it in paper towels, and nuke it in microwave for about 3 minutes, sometimes less. Ready to butter it and salt it if that is your choice. Be careful, it will be hot at first. (07/05/2009)

By knitter926

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I have tried blanching and not blanching. The "not blanched" corn tasted like fresh. I didn't leave it in the husks. When I froze it I just put the number I wanted in the bag, squeezed out the air and sealed. When I wanted to cook it, I got a stock pot with boiling (or almost boiling water) and heated through. To check to see if it is ready, pull one out of the water with tongs, wait a few seconds and touch to see if it is cooked. We all loved it. Tasted just like fresh (even the pickiest eaters). (07/05/2009)

By Ann Marie Rose

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I leave it in the husk, cut both ends off then I put it in a Ziplock freezer bag. When I am ready to cook I take out the amount I want, put in storage bag zip up leaving the end slightly open and microwave 4 minutes if defrosted and 7 if frozen. The corn tastes fresh. (07/05/2009)

By darlooney

Freezing Corn
Freezing Corn
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
🎉
🎄