Freezing Corn on the Cob

Fresh corn on the cob, we usually cut some off both ends and put in microwave for 2 minutes for each, then easily shuck it. My question is why can't I do the same as above (without shucking), freeze and shuck later? Thanks.

By antique person from MO

Answers:

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I have been freezing corn on the cob, husks and all, for many years, in brown paper bags, no tape needed. Take it out of the freezer when needed, put in the micro for about 17 minutes or boil it about 10 minutes. Corn never tasted more like fresh, when done this way. And the husks and silk are easily removed. Good luck.
(08/08/2009)

By kffrmw88

Freezing Corn on the Cob

It is hard for me to shuck corn, so I get it so when my homeworker is here, she does most of the shucking. Then I/we trim ends if necessary, and either wrap individual ears in foil, or put ears in a freezer bag. When I want one, I take out a single one from bag or one with foil and unwrap it. Then I wrap the ear in paper towels, and microwave it for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. (08/11/2009)

By knitter926

Freezing Corn
Freezing Corn
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
🎉
🎄