Freezing Excess Tomatoes

I usually have a surplus supply of tomatoes from my garden and, while I give away many, I still have quite a few left. I've never learned how to can tomatoes, instead I freeze them and it's so easy to do so. Wash them first and let dry on paper towels.

I then cut out the core and place them on a cookie sheet. Put them in the freezer and let freeze overnight. Take them out the next day and, either put in Ziploc bags or vacuum seal (they sound just like Billiard balls when you drop them in the bag and they hit). Store in your freezer until ready to use. When you remove them for use, let them thaw and watch how they slip right out of the skins

By Mary Moo from Wilmington, IL

Answers:

Freezing Excess Tomatoes

This sounds easier than what I do. I usually peel and quarter them and freeze in quart size bags. That's about the size of a can of tomatoes and add to the dish I am making. Lots of times I add them frozen and they thaw as the dish cooks. So much easier than canning. (08/28/2008)

Freezing Excess Tomatoes

I blanch mine, drop into boiling water and the skins pop right off. Then I scrape out most of the seeds, place in a freezer bag, press out the air and lay on a cookie sheet to freeze. They stack right up in my freezer. Great for soups, chili and a summer spaghetti sauce in the dead of winter.
(09/02/2008)

By Diana

Freezing Excess Tomatoes
Freezing Cauliflower
Freezing Cauliflower
Pear melting out of a block of ice.
Freezing Pears
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎄
🍂