Freezing Fresh Vegetables

How do I go about freezing these veggies altogether (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, leeks, and capsicum (red and green)?

By Terry

Freezing Fresh Vegetables

Wash veggies and cut to size desired. Blanche, I use a microwave, but boiling water will work too. This stops the ripening process. This should be only a short time; the rule is when they start to smell slightly cooked stop. Chill immediately in cold water, drain, and I freeze in serving sizes in sandwich bags and then put the small bags in a good quality freezer bag. I do not add anything as that can be added when they are prepared and the small amounts can be easily increased for larger meals. It is important to use the good quality freezer bag to keep out air.

By Chloelizabeth

Use a Straw to Remove the Extra Air

You must blanch them in boiling water for the recommended time, but not long! Plunge into ice water to halt the cooking process. I use a straw to suck out the extra air in my freezer bags once they are ready to be sealed. Works great!

By fresca03

Some Vegetables Don't Need Blanching

Not all vegetables should be nor need to be blanched! For example, corn, onions, tomatoes, all types of peppers, etc. Here are a couple of PDF's that, between the two of them, should give you all the info you need for your current listed veggies and others in the future. :-) (07/28/2010)

By Deeli

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Freezing Vegetables
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Turnips with greens.
Freezing Turnips or Parsnips
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants