Freezing Herbs

Some herbs freeze nicely and you can freeze them in their whole form. But others such as Parsley, Tarragon, and Basil don't freeze well. You may want to store the more fragile herbs by dehydrating first, then containing.

I have a dehydrator and use it for my basil and parsley. Once dried, I put these herbs in air tight jars kept handy when I am cooking. It's a super way to save money, and growing your own plants always lets you know how healthy each plant remains.

Use your fresh herbs, or your own dried herbs by adding to any meal you prepare and enjoy much tastier meals.

By kittyhassparkle from Tacoma, WA

Freezing Herbs 11/02/2005
Don't worry if you don't have a dehydrator. I chop up fresh herbs and put them on a plate or dish towel and dry them on the kitchen table. It takes just a few days. I won seven or eight blue ribbons at the fair for my dried herbs, plus a best-of-show ribbon for best dried foods last year. The premium money came in handy. Best of all, the herbs are always growing in my flower beds, so they were free, you might say. Most of them are either perennial or plant themselves year after year.
By Coreen (Guest Post)

Freezing Herbs
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Drying and Storing Herbs
Drying Herbs
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants