Freezing Milk

Can whole milk be frozen if I leave some head space?

Dori An from Belvidere, NJ

Freezing Milk

I have frozen milk for years. If you buy 2% or even 1% it tastes almost like whole when you thaw it out and shake well! I've never taken any out of the gallon jug -- just put in freezer from grocery store! (06/05/2008)

By HalfWhit

Freezing Milk

Hello there,I live in hot Queensland, Australia, and a very long way from any shops. Don't have a cow, so have to buy my milk in bulk when I do a fortnight's shopping. Straight into the freezer when I get home. It freezes fine - de-frost it in fridge, and never run out of milk.

By Leah from Australia

Freezing Milk

Sure can. I live alone, but buy it by the gallon because it is cheaper by the gallon. I then divide it into freezer-hardy containers leaving about 2 inches of head space for expansion during freezing. This way, I can thaw one of the containers over night and it will be ready in the morning. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember - and there is no difference in taste. (06/05/2008)

By north790

Freezing Milk

I make milk ice-cubes! Great for cooling hot coffee and tea. (02/06/2009)

By Philip

Freezing Milk

I remember my grandma getting a weeks worth and freezing it--from the milk truck coming through the countryside rural areas. BUT I also remember the taste of it too. I am a milk drinker ONLY MILK. There is a taste difference. If you only use it on cereal, coffee, cooking, it might not be a problem. BUT I drink it. About a half gal a day. Mine stays fresh.

I do buy butter milk and transfer it to plastic pint containers, then freeze. Most my recipes would use that amount. Do it when it is fresh and it stays good.

ALWAYS THAW PRODUCT in the fridge. With all the recalls, don't be the cause of a food borne illness. Listeria, bacteria doesn't need much help, but surely not being refrigerated can make it a big problem. (03/01/2009)

By T and T Grandma

Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants