Freezing Pears

Can pears be frozen?

June from Ascot, Berkshire, England

Answers:

Freezing Pears

I don't know how they are frozen raw, but I have made lots of cooked pear pie filling and frozen it and it was great. (09/01/2006)

By Ann

Freezing Pears

This site should help you:

pickyourown.org

God bless. (09/01/2006)

By Lucinda

Freezing Pears

No they don't freeze. Like celery, the shape of the cell that makes up pears causes breakdown when it's frozen. Courtsey of my Home Ec teacher in ~~ 1956. They do can well, pear preserves and pear butter/honey is wonderful.
Good luck. (09/01/2006)

By 2oma

Freezing Pears

I have 2 large pear trees. Select firm pears. I make a syrup of white grape concentrate, and dilute it according to directions. (may need a little more concentrate to make it sweet enough). I add this (plus 3/4 teas. ascorbic acid to a quart of syrup) to a kettle of quartered or sliced pears, bring to boil, boil 2 minutes and ladle into freezer containers. (A six quart kettle needs 3 cups liquid.) (11/10/2008)

By Verna M. U.

Freezing Pears

I peel and cut up the pears. Put them in a large pan and cover them up with water. I add Splenda, but you could use sugar. I don't really measure I just put in what I think looks good. I also add cinnamon and a touch of vanilla. I let that boil for about 3 minutes. Then I get some of the juice out and mix with cornstarch and add to pears while boiling. Repeat this last step until you get the thickness that you like. Cool then put into freezer bags before freezing. I use this to make pear cobblers. (08/25/2009)

By Crsimerley

Pear melting out of a block of ice.
Freezing Pears
Freshly Cut Pears
Selecting Good Pears
Pear on White Background
Recipes Using Pears
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄